Thursday, December 16, 2010

Apron Fun

I wanted to surprise my sister with aprons for her granddaughters for their annual Christmas cookie baking and decorating day.  I found this tutorial on line.  It has a template pattern and very good directions.  I added a pocket and a ruffle to it.  I liked this apron because there are no ties to tie.  The neck strap slips over their head and the belt fastens with Velcro.  This way a child can put on their own apron without adult help.  I think they will like that.

I had fun fusing a flower and a couple bugs on this pocket.
I love this cupcake fabric.  I'm wondering if I should have made both aprons out of the same fabric.  My girls liked their clothes and toys to be different and not identical.  I know sometimes it's better not to have hard feelings over both liking the same item.   I can always make a third one if I need to.  lol




I enjoyed sewing these easy aprons today.  Now it's time to start cleaning up my sewing mess and turning the rooms back into bedrooms.  Michelle and Jen will be home next Wednesday for Christmas.   I need to change bedding and vacuum up fabric scraps.  And put alot of stuff back where it belongs. 

It's been cold here, but we have missed all the snow storms and blizzards that they have gotten east of us.  I'm sure we will get our turn eventually, but it's nice not to have "feet" of snow to deal with yet. 

9 comments:

  1. Cute, cute aprons. And won't the girls have fun wearing them while baking? They look easy to do.
    I'm so glad to see aprons making a comeback. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to make aprons for the annual holiday baking and decorating! And those fabrics are the cutest. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Great nieces will love their aprons made out of the cutest fabrics.
    My DDs did not like to have the some clothes either even when I used different colours.
    How nice to have your girls home and well worth clean the sewing room up for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute aprons. My girls like their clothes to be different too even though coordinating outfits is harder than matching. It is always such a chore to clear out sewing rooms for company, but it is nice to start fresh again when they are all gone. Have a great visit with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute apron! I love it!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Janet! I just love them and the fabric.

    Billie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I need to make some. I'm always wiping my hands on my jeans!
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute aprons and how nice of you to make them for the girls. I love the little doggie quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice aprons. If I ever decide to start cooking again, I will need one or two. ;-)

    ReplyDelete