Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Fun Visit

My sisters and I went to Arkansas to visit my namesake Aunt Janette.  We had a wonderful time and a safe trip.   Aunt Janette will be 96 in September.  Doesn't she look great!  We had so much fun visiting, looking at old pictures and playing Dominoes. 



This is a picture of my Uncle John.  We had a family picnic in the park for his 99th birthday party.  He is shown here with his great grand children.  He was recently inducted into the South Dakota Bowling Hall of Fame.  He also participates in the Senior Olympic games on the state and national levels.



I've gotten to spend a lot of time with my family lately.  My cousin, Peg, SIL Sue and I  hosted a shower for my niece, Erin who will be getting married in September.  It was such a fun evening with lovely gifts and lots of advice for the new bride. 
 
No sewing this month either.  :(   We have been busy mowing, raking and baling every available spear of grass.   Lots to do before we can go to Florida for the DD 2's wedding festivities.
 
Wasn't this suppose to be a quilting blog?

6 comments:

  1. She looks wonderful for 96! I just got back from visiting my grandmother who just turned 104. These ladies are amazing, aren't they? So glad you were able to visit her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a great thing to be able to spend time with your family. Enjoy every minute of it and especially the wedding coming up. Quilting will wait for you and be there when you are have time to take it up again!! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos of your Aunt and Uncle... What great milestones they have both reached.
    Spending time with your family is just wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the family updates, too! =)

    I love your new picture in your header.

    96....Wow....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful trip filled with celebration and precious memories! And I'm excited for the new ones on the horizon! May all of the wedding plans...as well as the farming...be blessed. There will be time for sewing later. You are busy living a well lived life and making new memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and your family are beautiful, Janet. How wonderful that you are able to spend time together and that your aunt and uncle are so vibrant. May God Bless ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete