It's fall and I'm not liking the cold weather. I'm going to show you my flowers and pretend it was 80 today.
The Lamb's Ears really spread-which I hear is normal. My one perennial, Brown eyed Susan was lovely.
I forgot what these were, but I loved their pretty purple flowers. I had to water a lot to keep them going.
My hen I planted last year had a good little brood going this year. Do you know do I need to cover them for the winter? We had a hard freeze last week, so the flowers are done for the season.
Oh, look!! Another llama baby!! The llamas have been in the far pasture for the summer, do we haven't seen much of them. This little one will be just as wild as last years. It will be fun to have them closer to home, so we can see them more often.
This is kind of a silly post. I wanted to blog, but I don't have much for material to blog about. I have not been sewing. I hope some day to do that again. I really miss it and I miss all of you.
The Lamb's Ears really spread-which I hear is normal. My one perennial, Brown eyed Susan was lovely.
I forgot what these were, but I loved their pretty purple flowers. I had to water a lot to keep them going.
My hen I planted last year had a good little brood going this year. Do you know do I need to cover them for the winter? We had a hard freeze last week, so the flowers are done for the season.
Oh, look!! Another llama baby!! The llamas have been in the far pasture for the summer, do we haven't seen much of them. This little one will be just as wild as last years. It will be fun to have them closer to home, so we can see them more often.
This is kind of a silly post. I wanted to blog, but I don't have much for material to blog about. I have not been sewing. I hope some day to do that again. I really miss it and I miss all of you.




Thank you--Love your flowers! -That is exactly how I have been feeling..I would like to post--but don't want to really write about what is going on in my life!
ReplyDeleteThe Hen and Chicks should be just fine.
ReplyDeleteI never cover my Hens and Chicks and they survive the winter just fine. If fact they've spread so much I giving some away to family and friends. Thanks for sharing your flowers. Good to see a post from you again!
ReplyDeleteHi Janet. It is always so nice to see you pop up.
ReplyDeleteI love to see what is going on in your life even if it's not sewing or you don't think it's much, I do..
Hugz
Maria
My hens don't mind the cold at all - I wish they woudl sometimes, then I wouldn't have to "weed" them from time to time.
ReplyDeleteThat's interessting - we have a climber that's called "black eyed Susan". What you have I would call a "Sun Hat" (Rudbeckia) as far as I'm able to tell from the picture. (They can survive in a really mild winter with plenty of cover, but it's not really worth the trouble)
[plant names are freely translated, so don't expect them to actually exist in English]
Here's to a great Fall! I have my sewing machines stored away and I'm going stir crazy! Hope you enjoy the change of seasons and maybe winter will hold off for us a little longer.
ReplyDeleteLovely flowers! My mom grew hens and chicks in a wooden barrel, and she never did anything to hers over the winter.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet - I agree with the others. I had hens and chickens in VT and just let the snow cover them and they always popped up in the spring.
ReplyDeleteWell apparently I need to plant a load of hens and chicks because I can't get much of anything else to grow in this desert! It's always a treat to see a post from you! I'm not sewing either, but I'm cooking so that's all anyone hears from me these days. Did your freeze come early this year? We are hoping for a late one as we just received a bit of rain.
ReplyDeleteIt's late on this side so forgive me if I make mistakes.
ReplyDeleteLambs ears, the first time I ever saw them was at a place I worked at. Some where in Wisley in Surrey. :-) :-) You might have to do a bit of internet reserch :-)
I borrowed :-) a cutting and always loved the plant. It reminded me of a rabbit's ear :-) They don't like Devon red soil and don't grow here. I love your house leaks too. I am lucky, I can leave them all Winter here in a hanging basket.
Your Larma's are beautiful. I WANT ONE OR TWO OR THREE :-) But as long as I have the no spitting kind :-) Keep well Janet... lots of love x x x
Ah, have to add, it's raining again
ReplyDeleteI have those purple flowers at my house too. And I don't know the name either. The llamas are darling. We are still having warm weather - 90 today. (I love it!) Oh and posts like these, where you don't have much to say still are very interesting!
ReplyDeleteHi Janet,
ReplyDeleteYou are starting Fall and out our way we're just about through the spring and into summer.....today it is 36C!!
Our air-conditioners haven't been set up for the hot season yet, boy I wish they were!!! I love your photo's of the llama's in the paddocks, what a lovely thing to see.
Cheers, Anita.