Thursday, November 15, 2012

It was a good year

for opossums.



These are just two of the babies that have shown up this last month.  Last night there were a total of six possums (three babies and 3 adults) on the deck looking for food.  I've gotten better about making sure the pans are empty by night fall.  I'm sure there is some kind of food available to these little guys other than my expensive cat food.


The cats don't seem to mind sharing. 

I did get a blanket made for a new baby boy of a friend. 



I used flannel and the tutorial from Fresh Cut Quilts.  There is also a video on youtube called the self binding baby blanket.  It makes a quick and easy little light weight blanket.


 

7 comments:

  1. I love the new header picture, Janet.

    Cute baby blankie. Thanks for the pattern link.

    We have always had opposums in the backyard here in the city. The cats have never seemed to be bothered by their proximity or inclined to hunt them. Maybe they think they are pointy nosed, skinny tailed cats ... ;) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your cat shares with the possums! Mine would definitely chase them off! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blanket! I love your fabric choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you pop up Janet.
    Lovely header photo..
    Thought the possums were rats at first glance. They do have expensive taste in food !!!!!
    What a cute little boys quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your opossums are dining like royalty! :) How funny that they eat with the cats. I'm glad to see that you found a bit of time to stitch - that is a very cute way to showcase fun novelty fabric without cutting it into little pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe that shot with the cat eating alongside the possom. lol! I'd be so freaked. Those things have SERIOUS teeth. :)

    ReplyDelete