Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year



I resolve to start blogging again in 2014.  Blogging became lost in the shuffle of my life and once you stop it's hard to get started again.  I've missed you and I know many of you have been wondering about me.  We are fine--just cold!  -6 F at 10:00 am this morning.  December was a cold month and January is always a cold month.  I'm hoping the new year will jump start my ambition and creative juices, if only it would renew my joints. 

Last year I resolved to lose weight by eating healthy.  Well, that happened off and on throughout the year and I weigh the same today as I did back then.  At least I didn't gain any.

I was going to sew more.  I think I probably sewed about the same amount.  I bought the long arm and I've used it very little.  Buying a long arm really doesn't give you the time or ambition to use the long arm. 

I resolved to spend less time on the internet.  This is one resolution I think I might have improved on.  I've been on a reading kick.  I quit playing games, except for Words with Friends and that has slowed down as I don't initiate any new players, but I really enjoy keeping in contact this way with a few friends.

This year I'm choosing a word---Productive.  I need to use my free time more productively.  Whether it is to read my bible, pray, cook healthy, sew, read or blog.   Of course, I still believe watching out the window as the snow lightly falls as a productive use of time.  I need that "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10) time most of all in my busy life.

Happy New Year, dear friends.  I'm looking forward to seeing what 2014 brings for all of us and what you and  I will do with 2014.

12 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your posts in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved today's post--
    and I love your word for 2014--
    I think after last year that should be my word too--
    only I do have a different one?????
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, so nice to have you back. I have missed your posts. But, I have also posted less this past year and hope to get back to doing more. I love the word you have chosen. Maybe that should be mine, also. I'm thinking about "choose" or "choice". Will have to quickly make a decision. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent word for the new year. Good luck being productive in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!!! I need to make better use of my time also. I want to make more quilts this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're back!

    Happy New Year,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see a post from you! I have noticed (myself included) that many of the bloggers that I have followed over the 5 and 1/2 years I have been blogging have not been blogging nearly as often and sometimes have long intervals between posts. It must be a common trait - it's kind of hard to find something to blog about sometimes. However, I am glad there's a post from you today!! Happy New Year, Janet. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back. I've also blogged less this year, but am looking forward to more next year. I find that the more I do on the long arm, the easier it is to return to it. It is a learning curve. I'm getting ready to move mine and I hope I'll be able to do more large quilts in the new year. My word is challenge. I need to challenge myself to do quilts techniques that are more difficult for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will be nice seeing you post again Janet! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Psalm 46:10 is one of my favorite verses. A day rarely goes by that it doesn't come to mind. It just helps keep me centered and balanced in a world that wants to throw us into a tailspin.
    It always brightens my day to see a post from you. You are right, blogging is hard to get back too after a spell of being unplugged. I thought technology was supposed to save us time - instead, I seem to have less of it when I sit in front of the computer. Still, I love that it has allowed me to connect with some like-minded friends I wouldn't otherwise have 'met'. :) May your 2014 be filled with His blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi. I keep checking to see if it is summer yet in South Dakota. Hope you are well and happy and just busy.

    ReplyDelete