It's hard to believe today is September. We have had a very, very hot week and it's been hard on the corn and the cattle. The air conditioner was still running at 10 pm. Today fall is in the air, but next week's forecast is back in the 90's. As you can see the baby calves have grown up over the summer. The grass is not so green any more. We are praying for rain. DH has been preparing for silage cutting time and stacking all those bales we've made. They will start cutting the corn on Tuesday morning.
I have been cleaning and sorting. I have too much stuff! I've been thinking I need to have weekly goals, but my "flexible" life style seems to get in the way. At least Cherry on Top is a topper. I've been doing most of my quilting on paper this week. When it cools off, I'll need to do a practice top and I'll be ready to load and quilt Cherry.
I've been stitching a Thrift store find. I bought this set of alphabet blocks at the store for $.50. Embroidery is so relaxing for me. I love the plain lazy and winding down of sitting and stitching.
Life is busy, but good.



The heat has been something else!! We are fall calving now and had to wet some down last week. Poor little things they look happy today tho. We are still a week or 2 from silage cutting. Working calves and pulling bulls are on the list for the coming week. Of course after baling!
ReplyDeleteHot and Dry here also..The corn and beans are drying up. We are going to start chopping corn into a feeder wagon to feed the cattle. I love your blocks...I need to get out my quilting. With school starting I need it to unwind at night.
ReplyDeleteWe have finally had a break from the heat this weekend and I am loving it. I work in soybeans and they are turning fast here in Indiana with all the heat. I love having handwork to
ReplyDeletedo as I feel like I am still accomplishing something when I can't motivate myself to go into the sewing room and sew.
Calling in to see those calves :-) :-) and your needlework :-)
ReplyDeleteNeed rain here too believe it or not.... Oh, for a good downpour.. fingers crossed for rain on that grass.. x x x
Hi Janet, Just checked in to see if you had updated and see how you made it through all the bad weather. Hope you have power and your cows are all ok.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet, been thinking about you and the snow in the Dakotas. Hope everyone is okay. HUGS!
ReplyDeleteMe too, Janet. I hope you and all your farm animals made it through the bad weather. Take care,
ReplyDeleteSusan in Texas