Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!



I have a feeling I better wish you all a Merry Christmas now. It's going to be a busy holiday. I've already attended a Christmas party at my baby sister's home on Saturday night. We are planning on having an early Christmas Eve at DH's baby sister's home on Friday night. There will be lots of coming and going every day this week. DH has a dental appt on Tuesday and DD 2 flies in on Thursday. I'm trying to get some what organized today, because I am at home.


I love how Puss enjoys the tree.  When I first set it up, she wanted to attack it.  After a few hand clapping sessions, she has taken to just laying under it.  Every night about 8:00 she takes her position. She just sits under it and seems to enjoy the lights. 


Peanut had to play with a few of the bottom ornaments the first time she saw the new addition to the living room.  Since then she has pretty much ignored it all together.  I don't think there will be any Christmas tree excitement this year.

You may notice there are no gifts under the tree.  We celebrate the One Gift, Jesus with time together eating, playing games and watching movies.  Our family has two birthdays in December, one in January and one in February.  A few years ago we started doing our gifting at birthdays.   Of course, there are stockings to fill!! 

Merry Christmas to you all!!

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Janet! I think not putting presents under the tree is a good way to show off your beautiful tree skirt too! ;-) I think there is just too much commercialism attached to Jesus’ birthday anyway. My favorite part of this holiday is going to church and helping those less fortunate!

    Carol (NJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cats' reactions to the tree!!! Enjoy your week with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't do the gift thing anymore either. You only trade money around.. So we decided to get together for a good meal, play games and spend quality time together. It isn't all about who got you what any more... Wish more familys would do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I finally figured out how to comment. I love your blog. but was never able to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the white rabbit, I am late in so many things :-) Happy belated birthday first of all.
    A very Happy New Year....
    Good to see peanut :-) x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Janet! May this new year be full of health and joy.
    Hugs
    Eli

    ReplyDelete