I have had 10 days of celebrating my birthday. Who said getting older isn't fun? This is a picture of the 35 foot blue spruce that is the Christmas tree at the State Capital in Pierre. There are over 90 decorated Christmas trees in the building. What a wonderful way to get instilled with the Christmas spirit by looking at all these fabulous trees. This picture is taken from the second floor. All the trees were gorgeous. It's fun to see all the lights and different ways of decorating. There is also a beautiful Nativity scene.
I attended the State Oral Interpretation contest in Pierre. Nephew Kyle and his friend, Dade qualified for the state competition by winning local, district and regional contests. Kyle performed in original prose and serious drama. Dade competed in the serious poetry division. Kyle was awarded a gold medal and superior rating for his presentation of War-A Matter of Life and Death. He and Dade received excellent rating on their other pieces. I enjoyed time with my 3 SILs, Sharon, Judy and Leasa and nephew, Carson. On Friday night we had supper at an Italian restaurant to celebrate my birthday. DD 1 joined us too. She gave me a Kindle Fire for my birthday!!! We stayed overnight, so I had a slumber party for my birthday. Lots of laughs!! The competition was all day Saturday. After the awards ceremony, we toured the tree display at the Capital.
This beautiful flocked tree was decorated with these cute little owls.
I thought this one decorated with elves was adorable.
Last week-end--another party!! Members from both families and a few friends gathered at a local steakhouse to help me celebrate again. DD 1 made sure I had plenty of candles to blow out. I wish I was heading some where to wear those flip flops. lol
This last Wednesday my two good friends, Peggy, Sandi and I spent the day together. We enjoyed a Mexican lunch, shopping and a trip to see the trees. DH asked me if I was done celebrating now. I think the partying is over.
I am so bless to have a wonderful family and special friends who felt I needed extra celebrations for my 60th year. Thank you to all my blogging friends, who took the time to post their wishes. I didn't get you answered, but I really enjoyed hearing from each of you!!
Thank you all for a memorable bithday.






Janet, I am so glad you had such a great 60th birthday. You deserve it. I will say that I did not realize this was your 60th. I thought it was your 50th. You are a young 60. (grin)
ReplyDeleteJanet delighted you had such a wonderful birthday. Can't beleive I missed it sorry.
ReplyDeleteWish I could fly you over here so you could wear your flip flops and come and swim with me each morning.
What a wonderful week of birthday celebrations with family and friends you have had, Janet! Happy happy birthday to you! May you enjoy lots more fun things in your life!
ReplyDeleteI love that cake! Too fun!
Carol (NJ)
Happy Birthday -- looks like you had a blast!
ReplyDeleteJanet Happy Birthday! It seems as though you were well celebrated for your 60th. That is so awesome.Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting.
ReplyDeleteA belated Happy Birthday to you! WOW...that is some big tree you showed here...and I have a friend who loves anything with owls, so she'd love to see that owl tree!
ReplyDelete