Why is it so hard to get back to blogging once you've gotten busy and haven't been doing it? I've missed you guys!. It has been a hectic calving season. I think we are both getting too old for this stuff, but DH will never admit it. Any spare time I had was spent sleeping. lol
We didn't have any snow this year to work in, but cold, rainy days made for extra work. I'm glad I got new mud boots! I just kept thinking of you, Karin whenever I wanted to complain. The April showers have really made the grass grow quickly and for that we are very thankful.
DD2 and friend were home for a few days to visit from the South. We didn't do many fun things, but sure enjoyed having them and their help. DH hadn't been feeling well for weeks. He was complaining of being short of breath. His doctor insisted on a stress test and we are thankful to find out his heart is fine. He must have inhaled too much dust and mold from the straw that we bedded the calving barn with. He needs to remember to wear a mask when we do that. He is on nebulizer treatments and that is helping.
We have had a lot of ups and downs in the last 6 weeks. There have been funerals, doctor's appointments, a wedding and lots of praying along with all the work. As I look around today--the wheat and corn are planted, most of the cows have calved and I know my husband's heart is normal.
I would like to ask you to keep DD1 in your prayers. Michelle had two lesions removed (one on her cheek and one on her back) that came back as melanoma. After additional surgery, we are praying that nothing else will show up. She starts a new job at a hospital next week. After three years of caring for older people, she decided it was time for a change.
I hope to be back visiting here regularly again. I really have missed sewing and blogging!!
We didn't have any snow this year to work in, but cold, rainy days made for extra work. I'm glad I got new mud boots! I just kept thinking of you, Karin whenever I wanted to complain. The April showers have really made the grass grow quickly and for that we are very thankful.
DD2 and friend were home for a few days to visit from the South. We didn't do many fun things, but sure enjoyed having them and their help. DH hadn't been feeling well for weeks. He was complaining of being short of breath. His doctor insisted on a stress test and we are thankful to find out his heart is fine. He must have inhaled too much dust and mold from the straw that we bedded the calving barn with. He needs to remember to wear a mask when we do that. He is on nebulizer treatments and that is helping.
We have had a lot of ups and downs in the last 6 weeks. There have been funerals, doctor's appointments, a wedding and lots of praying along with all the work. As I look around today--the wheat and corn are planted, most of the cows have calved and I know my husband's heart is normal.
I would like to ask you to keep DD1 in your prayers. Michelle had two lesions removed (one on her cheek and one on her back) that came back as melanoma. After additional surgery, we are praying that nothing else will show up. She starts a new job at a hospital next week. After three years of caring for older people, she decided it was time for a change.
I hope to be back visiting here regularly again. I really have missed sewing and blogging!!


Hi Janet~ Glad you are back! What work you do...not what most of us have ever experienced! You could probably write a book!
ReplyDeleteI'll pray tonight for your DD1...that would be a little scary, but you know the LORD knows her and her situation, and He answers prayers! :) ♥♥♥
Good to have you back! Glad your husband is feeling better. My good thoughts and wishes are with your daughter. My husband had some melanoma removed about 10 years ago with no more problems. Hopefully this will be the case with you daughter.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so excited to 'see' you again!! You have been missed, but I understand completely how life can just whisk you away. So very thankful that your husband received a clean bill of health and am adding your daughter to my prayers for complete healing. Sounds like you have been busier than a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs. Sounds as if y'all have actually had your fill of rain, but I do love the photo of your rig slogging through the mud. And if I can complain about not having any rain, you can certainly complain about having too much of it! Hope y'all dry out soon and welcome back!
ReplyDeleteSo nice to read your post again Janet. Do often think about you. I know you and your DH have a very busy life on the ranch. Pleased your husband is okay and I am keeping Michelle in my thoughts. Hope all goes well for her too.
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you are back!! I was wondering about you, but figured the calving thing gets in the way just like for us. I am lucky our son and his family ranch with us so I don't have to help as much as I used to. I will say a prayer for your daughter. Julie
ReplyDeleteWelcome Back Janet! I have also missed "hearing" about your days. I am so glad you had a good time when DD-2 was home. I have continued holding your DH in prayer. I know how very frustrating it is for us when our DH's aren't feeling well. It has been a rough spring here also. Holding both your girls and you in prayer too!
ReplyDeleteWithout having snow this winter we continue to pray for spring rains.
Welcome back! I'm sure the mother cows were happy to have you around.
ReplyDeleteMichelle will be in my prayers. Any time something like that happens it is so frightening.
Really good to see you again too.
ReplyDeleteLots of love from this end
xxx