Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, aunts, sisters and mothers to be--every special woman who cares for family in a loving way. I'm having a lovely Mother's Day. It is a gorgeous day outside. DD 1 was home for 3 whole days of help and fun. She brought me these lovely flowers. Don't you just love Gerber Daisies?! The roses are very, very pretty too. She also treated me to a certificate for a pedicure and some wonderful soap and lotion. Best of all I appreciate all her help and the laughing and talking that goes with it. DD 2 is in Florida and I miss her so very, very much. We had a nice visit by phone and Skype will be later.
I got another special present today. This is "Baby" and again. Baby had her own baby early this morning. We have been checking on her often, because we knew she was getting close. I told DD 1 that "maybe she will have a Mother's Day baby for me". She is a good momma and very protective. I raised her well.
No sewing. Just calving and now some planting in the fields. We haven't had any rain since the snow in April. It is very dusty in the pasture. I'm praying for rain. We plant with "hope for the future".
Here are a few more Mother's Day couples in honor of this special day.
Another newborn on Mother's Day and an excellent mom.
Look a likes.
More look a likes.
Lillian and Lily are continuing to be pampered with special care. Lily brings sunshine daily to our lives. Her sweet personality and cute antics have won our hearts. She is so curious and playful. She does put her ears back when she disapproves of us, but no spitting yet. lol
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day! I was blessed with a great one.






Nice to read you had a lovely Mother's Day..
ReplyDeleteI also spent time with my DD and family.
Thank you for the lovely Mother and baby photos..
Hope you have some rain soon.
Love your flowers. I got a hanging basket of flowers for outside, but it's so windy I'm only putting them out for a short time! Love the look alike mom and calves too.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteGreat Mother's Day pictures! And a Happy Belated Mother's Day to you!~ Those flowers are gorgeous! ♥♥♥ The baby cow is precious!
ReplyDeleteHi Janet, glad you had a good Mother's Day. Isn't the computer wonderful to keep in touch?! I love all the mother/baby photos. So cute! Hope you get some rain too.
ReplyDeleteCarol
Really enjoy your ranching pictures. Love the little babies. Your flowers are beautiful too. Your seasons are SO far behind ours down here in Texas and Louisiana. Larry & I got a wicked case of poison ivy while clearing out some weeds at his Dad's house in Shreveport way back on May 5. I'm a very slow responder to poison ivy, my foot is still swollen (because yes, it was so warm out that I was gardening in my flip flops - never again!) and oozy and GROSS!!! Oh well, this too shall end.
ReplyDeleteHappy spring,
Susan in Texas
Beautiful flowers...I am glad DD1 was home to spend the three wonderful days with you. Farm wives truly understand how very WONDERFUL a treat a pedicure is for us!! To take off our working mud boots to see painted nails and smooth heals. HEAVENLY.
ReplyDeleteIt's a while since I called in here, but so lovely to see so many mum's who had such a great day. Thanks for the pic of the beautiful Lily too.:-) On a jaunt around the village today we couldn't believe our eye's. In a field on one of the back roads.... Lily's in a field with a whole load of goats and we never knew :-)x x x
ReplyDeleteHi Janet, I saw you pop up on Shez's comment box. Hope all's well with you and yours. Have missed you.
ReplyDeleteHugz
Maria