Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thank you, Terry!

I won a pincushion from Terry at Terry's Treasures.  I haven't been blogging or reading very many blogs.  Terry always has fun projects and beautiful pictures.   She also makes quite a few pincushions.   I commented on her post and was a winner.  She sent me a lovely fabric/rickrack wrapped parcel!


So many goodies!!


The pincushion is made from one of her signature blocks.  I love those cute little button topped pins!!


Terry also sent me embroidery floss, quilty magnet and a lovely card (love butterflies!).  Thank you so much Terry!!  This win and bloggy thank you will get me back to blogging!!

I've been missing the blog world, but the real world seems to take up all my energy.  I won't try to catch you up on the last two months. 

As you can see from the header, we have been blessed with rain.  It is so wonderful to have the color green in our life again.  Last year's brown world was such a downer.  We are busy making hay for winter feeding now.  We fed every last bale and chopped corn stalk last winter.  We had to buy more of each to keep our cattle herd.   The rain means we will not have to sell our cattle.  They have all been vaccinated and are in summer pastures.  The grass is tall and lush.  The flies are plentiful too.  Every day I check water tanks and fences to make sure everyone has water for the hot days of July and are staying in their assigned pasture.  We are trying to control the fly problem with fly spray, back rubbers and fly control lick tubs.   Flies irritate cattle and also spread diseases.

Thank you so much to those who checked on me while I was offline.  DD #1 is healing and will not have to see the dermatologist for 3 months.  I had another steroid shot in my knee and shot of liquid too.  I made it through calving season and am doing exercise therapy now. 

I have more news to share, but will check in again soon. 

6 comments:

  1. yeah your back!!! I love the green pastures too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The green is pretty and lush...I am happy for all the good it brings. Hope you are feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet ... so nice to see you posting. Lovely squishy in the mail. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. The green fields in your new header picture is beautiful. May you continue to have rain and sun and healing and all you need in life ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice to read your post Janet. I love the green pastures in your header. Your DH and you are always keep very busy on the farm.
    Pleased your DD1 and you are both doing well
    Hugz Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're very welcome Janet! I'm glad to know your goodies arrived safe and sound! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to have you back Janet! Glad you and your daughter are getting the care you've needed...and those are some really nice gifts from Terry! WooHoo! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete