We have been "making hay while the sun shines" this week.
DH did the mowing this time. I ran the rake to make the windrows for the baler to pick up. I need to make sure I miss all the rocks and holes. I need to be sure not to cover up rocks with hay that might cause major damage to the baler. DH follows me making bales. The hay has to lay on the ground and cure for a couple days in between mowing and baling. It needs to be done right to be good feed for the cattle.
This is my view heading home dodging bales with the tractor and the rake. DH will stack the bales this week-end.
These bales were stacked earlier. If it would rain, we might be able to mow this patch again. We are in need of rain for the corn. It's getting dry again and the fire danger has risen in our area. The wheat will need combining soon too.
Peanut has been spending the hot afternoons in the house. I had to run to town for parts on Tuesday, so she rode along to get her shots at the Vet Clinic.
She was a very good patient. She slept in an interesting pose for her afternoon nap.
I hope she was having good dreams. Hopefully I will get back to sewing sometime this week-end.
I'm linking up with Sarah for Feline Friday. :)
DH did the mowing this time. I ran the rake to make the windrows for the baler to pick up. I need to make sure I miss all the rocks and holes. I need to be sure not to cover up rocks with hay that might cause major damage to the baler. DH follows me making bales. The hay has to lay on the ground and cure for a couple days in between mowing and baling. It needs to be done right to be good feed for the cattle.
This is my view heading home dodging bales with the tractor and the rake. DH will stack the bales this week-end.
These bales were stacked earlier. If it would rain, we might be able to mow this patch again. We are in need of rain for the corn. It's getting dry again and the fire danger has risen in our area. The wheat will need combining soon too.
Peanut has been spending the hot afternoons in the house. I had to run to town for parts on Tuesday, so she rode along to get her shots at the Vet Clinic.
She was a very good patient. She slept in an interesting pose for her afternoon nap.
I hope she was having good dreams. Hopefully I will get back to sewing sometime this week-end.
I'm linking up with Sarah for Feline Friday. :)





My husband was just saying how he loved to see hay in the fields. Awww Peanut! What a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteNeighbors About Town Blog
Same here, stuff has been cut and aw, just look at peanut.. so wish we could have had one of her kittens :-)
ReplyDeleteI live in hope of an Alpaca baby being sent over ;-) GOOD TO SEE YOU JANET... good to see your great harvest.. keep at it dear friend. xxxxxxxxxxx
Such a sweet kitty photo.
ReplyDeleteActually I think that Peanut is saying a prayer that is is glad that that trip to the vets is all over and she can rest and relax now!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing the photos of the haying and Peanut!
hugs, di and miss gracie
This is my first visit to your blog and realize we have a lot in common. I also quilt and rake hay :) It's lovely to find someone who lives a farm life just as we do. I'd love for you to visit my blog and see how our farm work goes.
ReplyDelete