Friday, August 9, 2013

Feline Friday


When you are a princess you sleep on a pillow!  This has been Puss's napping spot this week.


The wheat is ready to combine.  I went for my yearly eye appointment.  There were a lot of combines in the field and trucks on the road.   We haven't combined ours yet--probably next week.  I'm hoping they don't call tonight and want to come this week-end.  It is Uncle John's 100th  Birthday Bash tomorrow and our family reunion week-end. 


The corn is looking good, but we could use some rain soon.

I enjoyed my afternoon away from the farm yesterday.  After my eye appointment, DD 1 and I got pedicures and went out for supper at LaMinestra.  I had the salmon and it was wonderful.  We had a nice visit too.


The prayer quilt was delivered this week.  Seven of us were able to visit with our quilting friend and see how well she is doing so far.  She was very pleased to see us and her quilt.  

8 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how cats change favorite spots to curl up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Puss has a very comfy spot.
    Your crops are looking good, farmer's crops here have not done sew well. Not enough rain.
    Nice to have a day with your DD1...
    Lovely photo of all your friends together...
    Hugz
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Country life must have so much going for it - looks lovely!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I slept like that, I wouldn't be able to get up in the morning..I'm afraid I would be stuck. :) Your wheat and corn look wonderful. Very thankful you had a good year! And happy to hear that you were able to spend some time with your girl and good friends. That's always a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you Janet and that everything is bright and growing... wow that quilt.. We're hoping for some rain too believe it or not :-) Keep well my friend x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kitty is a sweetie-pie! Sometimes a change of scenery is good...although your scenery is gorgeous! Looks like you have an awesome circle of friends, too. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty quilt and great friends. I'm glad you were able to share it with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puss looks to have the best spot in the house with a pretty pillow and quilt! Most of the farms in my area of WNY have combined the first cuttings for wheat/hay/alfalfa. It's pretty cool lately so I don't know how many more cuttings they'll get. We certainly don't have the vista your wheat field offers tho...

    ReplyDelete