This week-end is opening season for pheasant hunting season. It has been for years.. Forty years ago my DH gave up shooting pheasants to marry me. His friends weren't real happy, but they did show up in their tuxedos when it was time for the ceremony. At my tender age I didn't realize that having an anniversary on "pheasant" week-end probably wasn't the best idea for expecting a romantic week-end every year.
How very young we were! Forty years sounds like a long time ago, but doesn't seem that long.
Saturday was a gorgeous day for hunting. DD 2 and a friend were home for the week-end. Seth shot and ate pheasant for the very first time. DD 2 bought her first license this year too. It was fun to just have a small group this year. I went along instead of spending time in the kitchen.
Today DH and I spent a quiet day at home for our anniversary. We baked an apple pie together this morning. DH ran the peeler, corer and slicer for me. Team work makes a good marriage.


Well Congratulations Janet and Hubby! I hope you have many more years together. My daughter figured out that having your wedding the day before Mother's Day wasn't the brightest Idea. Now instead of getting to celebrate 2 days, she gets a combined celebration. LOL Have a good week, my friend.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on 40 years! In this day and age that is truly a milestone. Like Winona, Ihope you have many more years together. Nola
ReplyDeleteHa! The things we don't have figured out when we are young and shiny-eyed! Congratulations on forty years together.
ReplyDeleteTanti auguri di felice anniversario dall'Italia!!!!
ReplyDeleteBaciii
Cri&Anna
Wishing you both a very happy 40th Anniverary.
ReplyDeleteHope you have many more happy years.
So nice to spend some quiet time together.
Congratulations on forty years of marriage! You and your DH seem like a wonderful team with a wonderful family. I wish you many more years together/
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! I wish you many more!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on our anniversary! You still look the same.
ReplyDeleteYour post made me smile, as DH and I were married on Nov. 15th, 1975. Nov. 15th in Michigan is the start of Deer season, and we also irritated a lot of people who felt required to attend our wedding. Fortunately for us, neither of our families included any deer hunters! Congrats on your anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary, many more to come I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteLOL! I love it! Y'all sound like us. Congratulations on 40 years! May the honeymoon continue for many more years!
ReplyDeleteCongrats. You are only 10 1/2 years behind us. And you look just like you did on that big day.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Janet and hubby!! That is a wonderful milestone! Many more years of happiness to you both!
ReplyDeleteCarol (NJ)
Wow, beautiful lady, just look at you :-) A very big hug on your special day.. some guys are really worth hanging on to :-)
ReplyDeleteAh.. you know me, not so keen on the birds being shot.......... I would be a real help... I would have been trying to save them :-) Take care dear friend and a very very happy anniversary to you both :-) x x x
Congratulations. Your picture reminds me of a song we had at our wedding--Remember the Carpenters- "We only just begun." If we knew then what we know now.....
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! It will be 40 years for us in March it sound like a long time but we still think young even if we can't do all the things we used too:)
ReplyDelete