Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig
We are home from our Florida trip to visit DD 2. We had a wonderful week of family time. DD 1 was able to go with us too. I'm having daughter withdrawls this week.
We enjoyed some crab at Joe's Crab Shack in Destin. The girls did some shopping. DH and I checked out the Bass Pro Shop. We had never been to one before. DH bought a new cap.
We met some of Jen's friends on the Boardwalk in Pensacola. Florida's humidity does nothing for my hair. lol We slept in, ate too much and just enjoyed being together.
We ended up driving home from Minneapolis, because of cancelled Delta flights. We stayed over one night in Minneapolis, but decided if we wanted to get home renting a car was the best way to do it. It seems as tho you can't fly Delta without cancellations or delays. Their computers were down in Atlanta. We waited two and a half hours for a plane in Memphis to fly to Pensacola on the way down. DH thinks we should drive when we go again.
Well, back to reality. DH is stacking bales today. The corn is ready to combine. Puss and Peanut are very happy to have us home again. DH can't sit down without Puss taking her place in his lap. I'm working on the laundry and getting ready for pheasant hunters coming for the week-end.
I hope to catch up with all of you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



How fun!! I have a daughter who lives in Niceville, right next door to Destin. Destin is where they shop. I fly on Continental these days through Texas. May not be possible for you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad to hear you were on vacation in Florida, Janet. I missed seeing new blog entries and was hoping it wasn't a bad reason you weren't posting.
ReplyDeleteJoe's Crab Shack is a fun place to go to eat, and you better bring your appetite! We went to one here in NJ for my birthday. Came out of there stuffed to the "gills"! lol
I'm glad your younger dd could go visit DD #1 with you! Sorry about the flights though. Flying just isn't very good anymore!!
Welcome home!!!
Carol (NJ)
Welcome home :-)
ReplyDeleteThat must have been one very long drive Janet, so very pleased you had a great time. It looks as if you enjoyed yourself in the pic :-) x x x Puss and peanut are probably doing cartwheels at your return :-) x x x
Welcome Home. Have missed you.
ReplyDeletePleased to hear you had a wonderful time with the girls.I know what you mean about girl withdrawals.
Maybe your DH is right about driving next time with all the trouble with planes.
Dosen't take long to settle in and it is nice to know you were missed by your furry friends.
Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time! I smiled at the cap from Pro Bass shop. I am sure your DH has rows of seed corn, machinery, etc. caps at home! My DH wears his Cabela's hat away from home!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a much deserved vacation. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteIt's great that you and your husband were able to spend such wonderful time with your daughters. My eldest son does not live too far away but I always miss him!
ReplyDelete