Thursday, September 22, 2011
More Sharing
Two quilters at the retreat worked on this Christmas quilt. It was so cute. The pattern is free from Moda here.
Lesley is starting a new Christmas stitch along starting tomorrow--Friday, 9/23.
I love redwork. I'm going to go here and download the patterns each Friday. There are seven designs to stitch.
I wanted to show you this wall hanging that was a round robin. I've never participated in a round robin and I'm not sure I'm creative enough to do one. I also get nervous making something for some one else, so I'm not sure I would be comfortable doing this. I just loved this wall hanging tho. The quilter is adding beading and embellishments to it yet. You can see she hasn't bound it yet. I love the pink flower, the squares and the circles in the border. One of the benefits of going to a retreat is seeing things that inspire you to think differently than your same old way.
DH is still silaging down at the cousins. Michelle came home for a couple days and we hung out. In my next post I'll show you what else has been going on around here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I just went and joined the Christmas Stitchery Sewalong, cos I really (!!!???)need another project.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link Janet. I also have just joined in the Christmas Stitchery Sewalong.
ReplyDeleteLove the present quilt too so will check that one as well.
Do join in with a Round Robin or Row by Row if you get the chance as they are fun.
I really like the present quilt too. I do not have the confidence to join in on a round robin but I love seeing the results of everyone else's creativity!
ReplyDeleteThanks Janet for sharing about the Stitch along. I've already printed the pattern. Love your "present"quilt. I'll check out the pattern next.
ReplyDeleteNola
Thanks for the head's up on the Christmas stitch along....I want to work on becoming a better stitcher...this may be just what I need! (ok..."need" may not be the best word.....) It will be FUN!
ReplyDeleteHi Janet. I printed this off too and bought some nice white fabric today to embroider them on. I can't believe I am starting another project. LOL Hope things are going well for you.
ReplyDelete