The nip was in the air this morning as the sun came up. The thermometer read 28 degrees F. Our county wasn't on the map for frost last night, but Mother Nature didn't ask the weather man. I took the chance and didn't cover any of the garden. I picked all the red tomatoes yesterday, so we have quite a few to eat.
The grass was all white and the windshields were frosted over too. I took DH to the neighbors. He caught a ride to Faulkton with their high school student. Our tractor was in the shop for 3 weeks. It is now fixed, so DH is driving it home.
I'm headed to Faulkton later today for fall quilt retreat. I need to get organized, but first DH has a list of "help me" items to do. He will head south to the "cousins" to help them chop their silage after lunch. The retreat starts at 3:00 pm, but I'm not sure when I'll get there. I won't stay overnight for the retreat, but will come home. I have morning chores to do, but then I can spend the day at the retreat. They are having a supper and trunk show tomorrow night. Two ladies from our quilt group are going too. I'm looking forward to some concentrated quilting time and visiting.


Enjoy you sewing retreat! That's the one thing I'm really missing this year without my mom and having a nursing baby, no retreats for me until Spring, maybe Jan. if I can swing it. I sure miss having a whole weekend to get some piecing done, since I don't do much piecing at home. Guess I'll just take my Groovy Girls, one night a month sewing as at least I get to sew with friends.
ReplyDeleteFrost sounds so nice as I sit here under the A/C and ceiling fans. Have fun at the retreat!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun at your retreat. It sounds great.
ReplyDeleteIs the frost early this year? We have a nip in the air here in the Northeast.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are finally getting some quilting fun in. Enjoy!
Carol (NJ)
Enjoy your sewing retreat!!
ReplyDeleteYour retreat sounds lovely. The best of both worlds, retreat, then come home and sleep in your own bed. 8)
ReplyDeleteHave fun,
Susan in Texas
I can feel the chill here looking at your frost.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at your retreat. Good to have a few days away with the ladies to stitch.
Sounds like a lot of fun going to a retreat. Oh now not frost...it is too early. I amnot ready for winter. It will be hear before you know it. Yuck!
ReplyDeleteWe had some frost on the roofs the other morning - but it didn't seem to hurt any flowers. It is way early for that. Hope your retreat was a lot of fun! So nice to have time to just sew when you are otherwise so busy. I am on retreat all the time!! LOL.
ReplyDelete