Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Last Week's Pictures

I downloaded these pictures last week with intentions of posting.  Where does the time go?  I sure say that a lot!  lol 


Here is a picture of the plants I planted in June on the west side of the house.  I forget what the center plant is called, but they look like brown-eyed susans.  I love these Lamb's Ears. 

The leaves are so soft and pretty.  They are easy keepers too.  I didn't get many flowers planted this year, so I hope these new perennials will come back next year too.  DH planted sweet corn in my flower patch in the garden this year (which was mostly eaten by the raccoons).  Every year I think I will have more time to garden, but so far not. 


We did get the boat in the water over Labor Day week-end.  Michelle had Sunday and Monday off, so we enjoyed time with her.  It was a gorgeous, sunny day and  75 degrees out.




We only caught two bass that went back in the water, because of fishing regulations concerning size requirements.  We even stayed overnight in a motel!!   The neighbors were nice enough to come feed Baby for us.  It was a well needed break for us both. 

The silage pile is completed and covered.   DH will need to spend a week at the cousins when their corn is ready.  We have been hauling bales that are already done.  As long as it doesn't freeze we will continue to "make hay while the sunshines".   It takes a lot of bales to feed the cows all winter long.

I'm looking forward to the next few days.  Our quilting group starts meeting again after the summer off.   The first night will be tomorrow night.  I've missed those gals and it will be fun to see them.  I also need the motivation I get from that time together.  Then on Thursday, Friday and Saturday the Quilter's Corner will be having their Fall Retreat.   I plan to make one class project and use the rest of time sewing on some other things.  I should be back in quilting mode by next week--and maybe DH will be gone to the cousins and I can play.  I spent some time this afternoon sorting and organizing.  I hope the film crew for Hoarders doesn't show up here some day. 

5 comments:

  1. Lambs Ears is one of my favorite plants. There are many plants that are such a delight to touch. Sounds like a wonderful time out on the water over the weekend.
    Have a great time at retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the Lambs Ears do look lovely and soft.
    How nice to have spent some time on the water with your family on such a balmy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like summer is wrapping up, Janet. The yellow flower in the center of the first pic is Black-Eyed Susans. I have them in my front garden bed and a couple of years ago dug up a clump and planted them at my mom's in her front bed. They sure do look perty! And they are drought-resistant too!

    I'm glad you spent some time away from home over Labor Day Weekend. I'm glad to hear you'll be resuming your quilting group. I love starting back up after having the summer off.

    Carol (NJ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do those Lamb's Ears stay small? DJ and I will be looking for a true foundation planting, not of the holly or whatever those nasty bushes we have/had in there. Oh, and it has to grow in the South, LOL.

    ReplyDelete