Monday, September 19, 2011

Retreat Fun


I really enjoyed the Faulkton Fall Retreat. It was held at their community center. The lighting and space was wonderful.


There were cutting stations and ironing stations too.


The food was amazing!


Friday evening the Red Hot Quilters from Valentine, Nebraska did a trunk show for us.


I worked on this fall table runner by Cotton Way.


I didn't stay overnight in Faulkton, but drove back and forth. DH is working down at the "cousins", so I took care of morning chores and pasture checks. The retreat was a nice break from every day life. It was fun to meet some new quilters, spend time with old friends and learn some new things.

I'm not liking the new blogger formatt. Why do they have to change things?!

6 comments:

  1. Pleased you had a great time at the retreat.They are always fun.
    Your Fall Tablerunner is lovely.

    I didn't like the new format either so stuck to the old one.

    Like your visitors in the new header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never gone to a retreat, looks like fun I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely area for sewing, so pleased you had a wonderful time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to get away for a change, Janet, even if you didn't stay over in Faulkner. I bet those quilts in the trunk show were awesome!

    Nice fall runner you made!

    Carol (NJ)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It appears that you had a great time at your retreat. Sweet table runner, Janet. You will enjoy that so much. Love the ladies in red and their beautiful quilt. What a nice break for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that you were able to attend the retreat. I have never been to a retreat but I am sure there must have been a lot of inspiration floating around the room.

    ReplyDelete