Monday, October 31, 2011
Happy Halloween!
I made a couple quick and easy Halloween placemats for us last week. I quilted my Autumn runner too, but I need to sew the binding down on the back. It has to be "a finish" to get posted.
It was a busy week last week. DH was driving truck for the neighbors and then they came to combine our corn.
DH took his lunch Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I cleaned and sewed on Monday. Tuesday I drove to Highmore and had lunch with friends. I spent the afternoon visiting with other friends in town, checking out the new Thrift store and having coffee with a past co-worker. It was fun to catch up with everyone. Wednesday I drove to Faulkton to attend the Oral Interpretation contest at the high school. Nephew Kyle qualified for the District contest in 2 categories. The presentations were all excellent. Of course I had to stop at the Quilter's Corner to see what was new too. Our quilting group met Wednesday night in Highmore. We are making pillow cases for the Highmore Healthcare Center as a community project. We worked together--cutting, ironing and sewing. At the end of the night we had completed 31 cases. We will work on them next meeting too.
Thursday it was time to stay home and prepare for week-end hunting visitors. I baked pumpkin bread, buns and apple bars while washing bedding. DH had one brother, 3 sisters and two nephews spend Friday, Saturday and Sunday with us. His youngest sister and her two sons visited on Saturday. The combining crew needed lunches too. It was a fun and busy week-end. It was time for naps after everyone left Sunday afternoon.
Today I'm putting the house back in order and the wash machine will be running again. There is more corn to combine this week and lunches to pack.
Have a lovely week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You have been a busy lady! Sounds like you're running a B&B! LOL! Your placemats are cute. You're probably sneaking off to sew when you find a spare minute or two. That's what I've been doing lately too.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet! My goodness, you really had a busy week last week. I imagine this time of year is very busy for you...well heck, living on a ranch, I guess you pretty much stay busy all the time! Glad you got some time in for a little sewing and friend time...those Halloween place mats are really cute!
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Cyndi
Janet, glad you get some visitin' time in when you're not busy supplying food, etc. for the combining help!
ReplyDeleteCute placemats. I have a question for all you quilters who make new decorations/linens, etc. What do you do with prior years' decorations or linens? Do you give them away or???
Carol (NJ)
Sounds like you have been busy! Cute place mat, sometimes it feels good to get even a little bit of sewing in amongst all the chaos.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have been having a great time visiting and creating.
ReplyDeleteLooks like DH has been a very busy boy too.
Love the Header Photo
You certainly are a busy lady - I think I would have needed a nap too! Your placemat looks quite cute.
ReplyDeleteYou must be absolutely exhausted after all that busy-ness.
ReplyDeletePlacemats are always a fun project.
ReplyDelete