Thursday, November 3, 2011
Fall Finish
I finally had time yesterday afternoon to sew down the binding on my Autumn Runner. It finishes at 22" x 44".
I decided to use a feather stitch on the flying geese, instead of free motion quilting over them.
I free motion quilted vines and leaves around the pumpkins and the ear of corn.
I used black thread and cross hatched the ends on the black lines. It really doesn't show up right now, but it will after I wash it. I always struggle with deciding how to quilt my finished top. I like the stripped binding. It looks nice on top of the entertainment center.
The combining is completed for another season. DH has bales to haul and then we will be bringing the cattle home to be worked.
The baby calves have spent the summer eating and growing up. It will be weaning time very soon. We have had cool days this week. It's been good weather for getting things done before "the snow flies".
My older sister was home for a few days to visit her sons. Last night we met at my baby sister's home for chili and chatting. We don't see each other often, but when we do it's such a special feeling to spend sister time. Little sis had extra beets and sent a big sack home with me. I'll be able to make DH's favorite pickled beets. I'm out of canning lids, so I'll need to make the weekly trip to town and pick some up--more sugar too.
I'm planning to get back to work on the June Bug quilt. I have borders to sew on and then I'll need to decide how to quilt it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Janet, you did a great job on that runner! So festive! Makes you feel good to finish, eh?
ReplyDeleteSister time is special. All the more when you don't see each other often. Glad you could get together.
I'm glad the combining is complete and you are crossing end of season items off your list.
We are settling in now that our new grandson is home. Everything is good!
Carol (NJ)
Your runner is just lovely Janet...
ReplyDeleteCute runner!
ReplyDeleteWe are done combining too. The guys have been hauling cows home we weaned awhile ago. Now we can herd some cows home from the closer pastures. I think I need something simple for dinner tomorrow as I will be helping along with some neighbors lots of roads to block on the way.
PS love the picture of your farm:) there's nothing like farm livin!
ReplyDeleteLove your table runner!
ReplyDeleteVery cute runner! I love spending time with my sisters.
ReplyDeleteI love your Autumn table runner, Janet. Those fabrics are so cute, and your applique is wonderful! The calves are cute, too! Do you still have Baby? I bet she's getting big.
ReplyDeleteSo happy that you had the opportunity to sit and visit with your sisters. There is just nothing like the company of your sisters is there? I sure wish mine lived closer! :o(
Hope you have an awesome weekend!
XOXO,
Cyndi
What a darling table runner!
ReplyDeleteGreat runner and lovely job of appliquing and finishing, Janet. Glad you got to have time with your sisters. I so miss mine. Again, I love the pictures you have on your header. As flat as your part of the country is, it is full of beauty and you find it.
ReplyDeleteI love that sunset picture on your header! Lovely.
ReplyDeleteAnd what a cute runner you have whipped up along with those adorable placemats. Good that you could take a break from the pillow case project to make something seasonal for your home.