I took a new direction this last week and crocheted a potholder. A post by Deanna that was posted by someone (now I can't remember who) stuck with me. I went looking for my crochet needles and some cotton yarn. As you can see the variegated blue yarn ran out before I was finished. Since this one is for me, I think the blue stripe is a fine finish. Last night I played with my hook and made a couple of little scrubbies for doing dishes. I haven't crocheted at all this last year and this felt good. I may have to start an afghan to work on this winter. There is something so cozy about working on an afghan in the cold evenings.
I completed a hen potholder to go with my rooster. I hope to get a few more made this week, but it is already Wednesday.
My poor iron died over the week-end. It has been a good one--Black and Decker. I've had this one for 12 years. It took me by surprise. I hadn't noticed any problems with it. It just didn't get hot on Saturday.
I picked this one up at Alco on Sunday. There wasn't much choice. I'll see how long this one lasts. I didn't spend much, so we'll see.
The new one has a Teflon coated bottom. I wonder if the fusible comes off it easier? Every time I fuse I end up having to clean the bottom of the iron.
The last few days have been unseasonably warm for November. The snow has disappeared. December is going to change things--we have a cold front on the way and snow predicted. Winter is on it's way!





Very cute potholders. I hope your new iron is as good as your old one. I've been feeling like doing a little crocheting, maybe a dishrag.
ReplyDeleteGreat potholder, crochet is a nice winter on the couch craft. Love the scrubbies too, have you ever made them using net or tulle? I saw a tutorial once, but never tried.
ReplyDeleteThe Teflon coating is great with fusible. You will love it. Pretty pot holders.
ReplyDeleteOh the baby in your header is so cute.
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy crocheting Janet. Also stiching the potholders too.
Your potholder looks great! They are a great way to use up little bits of yarn. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteHello Janet,
ReplyDeleteLove the header. Have fun crocheting, it can be a bit addictive.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo
Hey Janet, I have been doing some crocheting too. I think it is good to mix things up a bit. I love your potholders, the chickens and the crocheted one. I am back to using an old Black and Decker iron. I have been buying the cheap Walmart irons, but it didn't seem like the last one got very hot. So I drug the old stand by back out. I don't use water in it any more, but have a spray bottle handy. I don't see much sense in paying a lot for irons any more. I only get about a year out of the newer one. We have a chance of snow here Saturday night. Have a good one.
ReplyDelete