There are so many fun things happening on the quilting blogs. Quilt Alongs, BOMs and Swaps are all starting. Have you had good experiences with swaps? The only swap I ever signed up for was a disappointment. I was so pumped up and nervous for my first swap. Would my partner like what I made? Would I get it done in time? Should I send extra stuff? I made a wonderful friend, Maria. Maria will always be special to me, because she was my first swap partner. She was a very appreciative partner. It was my last swap, because I never received a wall hanging from my other partner. This was one of those swaps where everyone sent to someone different, not an exchange of items. Perhaps something came up for that person, but letting me know would have been helpful. Silence doesn't make things easier.
I'm always careful about signing up for things. I want to be sure to fulfill my obligations, so I don't disappoint anyone. This time of year I will have time to make something to swap.
It's a new year! I'm ready to try swapping again. How about you? In fact, I signed up for two swaps!
If you want to join the fun, follow the badges posted on the right side of my blog to sign up! Maybe you will even be my new partner. Or I'll make a new friend! I'm looking forward to a new year of blogging fun and activities. I think this will jump-start my sewing again.


I just finished a six month long swap. It was great fun. I hope you have better luck this time. By the way, your header picture is beyond beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt is funny that you asked. I started my blog last spring. I did a lot of blocks for causes and for quilts of Valor. That turned out very well. I was so happy to help. So I joined a Christmas fabric swap. I was so excited. Sent the box, she recieved it. I emailed her twice no
ReplyDeleteanswer and nothing in return. I was asked to made 2 special blocks for a blogger for her wedding quilt. Nothing to let me know that she received them or a thank you note. I was really deeply hurt that guilters would do that. I keep telling myself there are good quilters out there. thanks for letting me vent......
Have a great day......
I am new to the blogging world, but was intrigued by the idea of a swap. I have signed up for two. I assumed and I hope that it will turn out well. Fingers crossed.
ReplyDeletePerhaps you should host your own swap?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePHEW!!!! Was worried it was a DIRECT swap and that you never recieved the Wall Hanging from me. How sad you did not receive yours.I love my and look at it every day.
ReplyDeleteHope you get a wonderful swap partner this time.
Hugz
Maria XX
I joined several swaps and have just held friends about. ( and as a Netherlands girl learning more English) I'm just so see what swaps on yur blog stand. And I hope you have fun with this swaps.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a better experience with these swaps. I see lots of posts where people are so pleased with what they received and the fun they had makin things to swap. I just don't have time for that right now, but maybe someday.
ReplyDeleteI joined a fabric swap about 10 years ago. It was a big disappointment, as half the fabric I received back was either not quilting fabric, or far short of the FQ it should have been, or had not been cut on the grain. I decided then that swaps were not for me. I still love the idea of them though.
ReplyDeleteI tried a homemade Christmas card swap this year and I made one it wasn't extra fancy but It got sent. I never received one back. I the other day I emailed her and told her's must have gotten lost in the mail as I never got it. I also told her I was sorry she made a card only to have it lost in the mail. I thought I was nice about it but never got a reply. I think I will do a swap someday but not for awhile! I hope yours goes well and I see it in one of your posts!
ReplyDeleteYou know Janet, I just love your blog, does'nt have to be about quilting :- ALTHOUGH I LOVE LOOKING AT OTHER PEOPLES ART. :-)
DeleteQuilting is an art. A very underestimated one sometimes.
Although, saying that the amount of peole that dare to gawk :-) through the cottage window on their way to the park. What do they see :-) A QUILT :-) And silly cos normally they see a cat or a cavalier or a teddy in the window :-)
How is peanut ?
How are the sweater's yet to be in the field ?
Love your blog Janet. STAY AS YOU ARE :-) XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Can;t believe I spelt people wrongly :-) :-) Ah, just don't look :-) x x x
Delete