Thursday, January 19, 2012

What is it about a box?

A cat just can't resist a box.


The cats loved having the dishwasher box in the kitchen, while we were waiting for a good day to do the installing.   They took turns laying on top of it.  DH loves his pets.  I'm stuck with the dishwasher box for a little longer--only now it's in the living room.  Puss was the first one in. 


Peanut was patient about waiting her turn for box fun.  I really think she is telling me "It's my turn.  Make her get out".  Puss has taken up residence.


Here she is checking to see if Puss is still in the box.  Sorry for the fuzzy picture.  :(


Puss took her time playing in the box.   Some how a mouse and a ball got inside the box for some extra excitement.  Aren't pets fun?  LOL

I spent most of yesterday morning completing the under the sink clean out.  I ended up with a garbage bag full and a box for the Thrift store.  I'm finally parting with 15 flower vases that haven't seen flowers for years and years.  I'm keeping 6 of my favorites, but they got moved to a top closet shelf--maybe when that closet gets cleaned I'll be able to part with some of them.  The glass mayonnaise jars (they don't even make those any more), plastic ketchup bottles and other assorted precious items went to the dump. 

Am I a hoarder?  I know I hoard fabric, but I don't think I'm a hoarder.  I have the genes of settlers from years past that had nothing and re-used everything.  When I watch those hoarding shows I do recognize how I associate feelings with things.  Scary, huh.  DH doesn't think there is any one else in the world who has their Mom's prom dress and wedding dress in her closet.  There has to be someone else out there that does.  How could I possibly throw those away?  I am thinking of calling the local historical society tho.  Our house seems to get smaller and smaller every year--besides I need more room for fabric in that closet.

9 comments:

  1. You clean out closets and cupboards and feel really good about it. Before you know it you begin to feel the stuff squeezing in on you again! I have a difficult time releasing stuff, not a hoarder by any ole means but I like to hold on to stuff thinking it will come in handy someday. Happy cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cats are just wonderful! I'm not a hoarder, but my DH is. We even have the boxes in the loft for appliances etc that we don't have any more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet, I needed the chuckle your kitty pics brought. Thanks! As for saving things, I had to clean out my parents' house when we were moving my mom up to NJ and I no longer have the "need to save this in case I need it later" syndrome! My goodness, mom had saved two HUGE black trash bags full of little empty jars from all sorts of food products! Closets were chock full of empty boxes (in case I need a box to gift something) and shipping material (bubble wrap, bubbles, etc.)

    Enjoy your cleaning binge. You will feel much better once you have extra space now to store new fabric! ;-)

    Carol (NJ)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the kitties. Ours make me laugh almost every day. Ans, donating those dresses to a theatre group would be a great way for them to live on and maybe become famous. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that Miss Gracie is the first cat that I have ever had that does not like boxes!!!
    And I still have my wedding dress--it is 45 years old and the marriage only lasted 7--so why do I keep it????
    Not sure--maybe cause I made it==maybe cause it does hold some good memories--maybe I am just a 'hoarder' and don't know it???
    Hugs, Di and Miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You, and Peanut and the rest ( ah, I would love a farm :-) ) are always welcome to come and clear out the under stair cupboard you know. Athough I have to say, I think Frank hasn't brought in any furry friends over the last few days. :-) He can purr at my feet ! :-)
      Trouble is you get rid of things and then forget you did and then go looking for them :-) ?
      OR IS IT JUST ME :-) X X X

      Delete
  6. Hey Janet! Isn't it the truth...you can spend tons of money on toys for cats, but it really isn't necessary. Just give them a box or a paper bag and they are happy! Of course, my Buster always tries to squeeze his extra-large self in an extra-small box and pretend that he fits! LOL!!!

    Oh, and I know lots of people that have their mom's wedding dress in their closets, so tell your DH that it isn't "unusual"! :o)

    Have a great weekend!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I love it! Why is it that Cats LOVE these things? Give them a paper bag, box and they're easily amused forever! Miss my cat but love watching yours, TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! They do love to get in to things. when I was teaching, I brought my work home in a basket and within minutes of putting it down......the cat was in it! At the moment she's in love with the washing basket

    ReplyDelete