Thursday, January 17, 2013

Missing In Action

I was missing in action last week..............  We had the stomach flu from Hell last week.  I won't go into details, but it took all week for DH and I to take our turns and get back to normal eating.  Thank goodness for three bathrooms in the house.  Fever, chills and body aches were part of the mix too.  I'm not sure where we picked up the lovely bug, but we stayed home and didn't share with anyone else.  You would have thought I would have lost 10 pounds, but there is something about not eating that seems to make me maintain my weight--go figure.

It's taken me most of the week to catch up and get motivated to start sewing again.  Gypsy Girl is a flimsy. I did decide to use the borders I planned.  I think I'm liking them.  I used a layer cake and the pattern Double Slice Layer Cake  from Missouri Star Quilt Company.  


Now I need to decide about backing.  I can't believe I don't have a batting on hand.  Where did they all go? I certainly haven't used them up.  I probably have them tucked away somewhere.  I did go online yesterday and order some batting from Connecting Threads--30% off right now.  I'll do some more looking today--I know there must be batting some where!!

I watched the on line class Creative Quilt Backs by Elizabeth Hartman on Craftsy yesterday.  I wanted to take time to think about my backing for Gypsy.  I didn't really pickup any new knowledge from the class, but enjoyed it anyway.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm thinking or procrastinating!  Making backing and the sandwich aren't my favorite parts of the quilting process--I might have mentioned that before.  I long for a long arm and quilt frame.  I really don't have the space for one, so I better just get busy and "just do it".

Have you ever been to Dearie Dolls website?  I love the images on there.  I'm thinking there could be some cute embroidery done with some of these designs.  The snowmen and Christmas designs are so dear.

I better go look for batting!  Wish me luck..............

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your quilt top! It's just so pretty and cheerful! I've seen the Dearie Dolls website and thought the same thing about using them for embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are feeling better. So far we have avoided the nasties, but we don't go many places either. LOL You quilt top is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better. Your flimsy is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good to hear you're feeling better.
    Here's sending you "good luck" vibes in finding that batting for that beautiful top

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cheerful quilt top. It makes me happy just looking at it on this dreary winter day. Glad you are feeling better. Do take take care. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pleased you are over the stomach bug. they are always so draining.
    Love your flimsy, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janet, so glad you and dh are feeling better now! Glad you're sewing again too. That is a beautiful top! Hope you found some batting in your search.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. LUV those colors! Glad to hear you're feeling better, we had it over here too...wasn't fun. I've thought about stitchin' some of those dearies too!...but i need to consentrate on some of my own designs. Just so many fun things to make! See you soon...go find that batting susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet, sorry to hear you've been sick. It sounds awful! On the other hand, your quilt top is very lovely. The colors are terrific together.

    Take care,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete