Friday, January 4, 2013

Stitchin and Rippin

I love getting tips from bloggers.  I had to put my Gypsy Girl quilt away before Christmas.  I didn't want to mix up my rows, so I wrote numbers on the butterflies on the end of my pins with a permanent marker.  I stuck one pin in the first block of each row.   I had each row done.  It's time to sew my rows together.

I did some ironing and pinning and then started to sew row 1 and row 2 together.   It seemed to be a "little thick" at first, but I proceeded on.  The Bernie sewed on through.  Oops--sorry little butterfly!


I've been working on "The Gypsy Girl" the last two days.  Yesterday there was some ripping going on.  Today was a better day.  I now have it all sewn together and have the 2 inch border on.   I'm trying to decide if I like what I picked for the outside border and how wide I want to make it.  I need to it "stew" over night. IF I could show you a picture, I might ask your opinion.  lol
Today is Feline Friday. I'm comforted to see Sarah couldn't download her pictures either. (I didn't want to be the only one blogger was mad at.)   I had a picture of Peanut to share.   Peanut has been much happier this week.  The days have been sunny and in the 20's.  She has spent enough time outside to burn off some energy, so she satisfied to curl up inside the rest of the time.
Have a good week-end!


6 comments:

  1. I had to find a new way to add pictures. I guess it's one more thing to learn, hey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also having problems uploading pictures to my blog and I contacted the help center and was told their engineers are working on it. I did also discover on my own that the problem may be related to using Internet Explorer, which is my preferred browser. If I use Google Chrome, I can upload photos directly from my computer. Otherwise, I was able to upload pictures to a Picasa web album, which I also do not like to use, and from there to my blog. I am hoping that Blogger will fix the problem soon ... Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to write numbers on the pins! Better than bits of paper like I have been doing... thanks for sharing and I hope blogger will let you put pics up again soon. lv, Joy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that with your nex post we can se the pucture. Great idea with the numbers and pins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they must have gotten the problem fixed by Saturday; I didn't have any trouble with uploading my pictures today. I know what you mean about stewing overnight. I'm still waiting for clarity on whether to go with blue or red stripes. Decisions, decisions.

    I look forward to seeing your pictures. Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet, it's been a very long time since I posted on your blog...last year was pretty bad. My mom was very sick and in July passed away. The rest of the year I was busy with Executrix stuff and celebrating the birth of our granddaughter, who is now almost 7 months old. Dh and I are her caregivers during the week. I just LOVE watching her grow and experiment! :-)

    Glad to see you are sewing more and I'm aiming to make 2013 more renewing friendships!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete