The batting has been found! I decided not to piece the backing, because I don't really have enough left overs. I used all of the layer cake and only had border yardage. I should have enough left to use for binding. I went through some backing choices.
I love this pretty purple and pink yardage with butterflies. I'll never cut it up--it's definitely a backing in my book.
This is a lovely little light green with pinky purple sprigs. It could be used for a quilt. There are almost 7 yards of it. I finished a bolt somewhere long ago.
I decided on the small print. Gypsy Girl is so bright and pretty. I think the small print backing will suit better. There will be plenty left to include in a quilt. The flowered print is too much of the wrong color to be the backing for this quilt. Easy decision, yes? Oh, but I had to think about it and while I wasprocrastinating thinking I made the cutest little pin cushion.
I saw Terry's cute hexie pincushion yesterday and it gave me the "itch" to make a little flower pincushion too. I decided to go with a round one. I wish I had made my circle larger and had more of the turquoise border showing, but it is a lovely hefty pin holder. It makes me smile.
I didn't put up our big tree this year. I was in pain and didn't want to dig it out of the closet. I bought this cute little 3 ft pre-lit tree and decorated it with the smallest ornaments. Peanut never even noticed it, until it was time to take it down. I think she was smelling for that lovely pine scent.
You can check out some more cats at Sarah's.
The backing is seamed. The batting is unwrapped and relaxing. The top is pressed. My goal is to have Gypsy Girl sandwiched and quilted by the end of January. I think that is a very reasonable goal for me. IF I don't spend too much time "thinking" about how I'm going to quilt it. lol
I love this pretty purple and pink yardage with butterflies. I'll never cut it up--it's definitely a backing in my book.
This is a lovely little light green with pinky purple sprigs. It could be used for a quilt. There are almost 7 yards of it. I finished a bolt somewhere long ago.
I decided on the small print. Gypsy Girl is so bright and pretty. I think the small print backing will suit better. There will be plenty left to include in a quilt. The flowered print is too much of the wrong color to be the backing for this quilt. Easy decision, yes? Oh, but I had to think about it and while I was
I saw Terry's cute hexie pincushion yesterday and it gave me the "itch" to make a little flower pincushion too. I decided to go with a round one. I wish I had made my circle larger and had more of the turquoise border showing, but it is a lovely hefty pin holder. It makes me smile.
I didn't put up our big tree this year. I was in pain and didn't want to dig it out of the closet. I bought this cute little 3 ft pre-lit tree and decorated it with the smallest ornaments. Peanut never even noticed it, until it was time to take it down. I think she was smelling for that lovely pine scent.
You can check out some more cats at Sarah's.
The backing is seamed. The batting is unwrapped and relaxing. The top is pressed. My goal is to have Gypsy Girl sandwiched and quilted by the end of January. I think that is a very reasonable goal for me. IF I don't spend too much time "thinking" about how I'm going to quilt it. lol





Oh no...the addiction is spreading! LOL I love your little pincushion! I made another one today and I'm stitching on another one tonight! I can't stop myself! LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat choice on the backing, Janet. I agree, the smaller print "works". What kind of batting do you use?
ReplyDeleteYour pincushion? DARLING.
Nice new header photo Janet...
ReplyDeleteYes I like the small print for your Gypsy Girl's backing..
Love the cute hexie pincushion....
Ahh, Great choice on backing. I love the swirly purple fabric but it's too "busy" for this quilt. And that pincushion is so cute! :-) I'm so glad to see you're sewing now. Hope you're feeling much better too!
ReplyDeleteFirst Janet your banner of your feline is a delight and your pinnie is gorgeous
ReplyDeleteEither Peanut didn't notice until it was time to take the tree down or she didn't let you know that she knew. LOL!
ReplyDeleteI agree - great new feline belly banner :)
I agree the small print was perfect for the backing. Your pincushion is so very cut...Too cut to use! Could you tell me where you found the pattern for the snowman mini on your facebook post? Cold here today...supposed to be colder on Monday.
ReplyDeleteI like the simpler backing for this quilt, but the fancier backing is simply gorgeous. You'll have to make a quilt just so you can use it for the back! ;)
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Susan in Texas
I hear you! That 'thinking' gets me in trouble every time! Your Gypsy Girl is going to be gorgeous! I'm happy your lost batting has been found and that you are back in the game! I agree with your choice of backing too - that's a very sweet print.
ReplyDeleteYour banner cat is so cute.
ReplyDeleteGypsy Girl is looking fine. I did a "creative backing" on my current quilt. I did not have enough of a backing fabric that I liked so I had to get "creative". It was more work but I am liking the result so I will be doing this again.
Love the pincushion. I am going to have to make one of those ... :) Pat