Friday, February 15, 2013

February Calendar Block


Thank you so much bloggers for your prayers and support after my last post.  The better I feel physically the better I'm feeling overall.  I knew that some fabric therapy would really help too. 

 I love all things Valentines, so I really wanted to make the February calendar block from
Count On It.  It was fun to go through the stash and choose the colors for this project.  You know how I love to touch and feel my fabric.   I like how it turned out and I learned from my January block to make better color choices so my letters showed up better.   I got out my red and white table runner to complete my February decor.

Jen and Ryan drove to South Dakota from Florida to spend a few days with us and attend the memorial service for Kay.  It was nice to have them here-even tho it feels like just a blur in time.  We had snow while they were here and DH put our Mississippi SIL to work clearing snow with the tractor and the dozer.  I think that was probably the highlight of his trip.  We also treated them to some below zero temperatures.  

I plan to get Gypsy Girl out today.  I had to roll her up to make room for the overnight guests.  I need to choose thread and decide on a quilting design.  Goal:  Finish this month!



After the week-end blizzard and sub-zero temps we are enjoying some more temperate weather.  DH looked out on the deck and commented, " the cats think they are in Hawaii today".  lol  I wish I could make friends with this pretty blue-eyed beauty.  He is just so timid.   I'm linking up with Sarah for Feline Friday.

Have a good week-end!  I hope to have a quilting week-end here.  :)

13 comments:

  1. Are these barn cats? Is that why Blue Eyes is so timid? They are adorable on the chairs sunning themselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do seem to be laying out on the beach! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, I love your Feb. quilt. I just put this book on my wish list. LOL I think these would be great to make one for each month and give as a gift. Love the picture of your kitty. He is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitties in the deck deck chairs enjoying the sun in the snow is my favorite blog photo of the week. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat little valentines quilt. I need to make more minis relating to holidays. Love the kitty photos. Funny how they look like they are at the beach with snow in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really LOVE your valentine Mini..
    LOL the photo of the cats sitting in the chair on the deck with snow around did make me laugh.
    We have had a heat wave here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That is so adorable... they look so hopeful! Love your February block.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your February block. I haven't seen these before. It looked like a lot of fun to make. Oh, the life of a cat! The pictures are priceless. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cats! The timid one looks like a Siamese. Very handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Feb calendar is just too darling. But my favorite pics are of the babies sunning themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Feb block is so pretty, and so are you furry babies!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete