Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Watching the Snow and Doodling


We had a "little" more snow over the week-end.  The wind blew too, so the road to the highway was blocked.  It was a good week-end for staying in the house.  I had planned to sew, but I spent the time FMQ practicing.  I always have to polish up my skills before I can quilt and it's been a while again since I have. 

Craftsy had a sale on their online classes over the week-end.  I had a weak moment and bought the Free Motion Quilting with Feathers class by Angela Walters.  I watched it.  I was some what disappointed that she used a long arm for some of the lessons.  She did use a plain sewing machine for some of the lessons.  I didn't reallly learn anything new, but I enjoyed the lessons and will watch them again.  I just need to do a lot more practicing!

I bought this book when Connecting Threads had their 40% off books sale.  I made some copies of the pages with my printer/copier.

+
 

I used some vinyl to put over the top of the designs and traced with a dry erase marker to practice.


I use this square I crocheted of cotton yarn as an eraser.  It really works well on the vinyl and on my dry erase board.  I have three of them and they wash up nicely.  I should be ready to start FMQ on Gypsy Girl tomorrow. 


We went to town for feed and groceries this afternoon.  It was a sunny day, but very very cold.  There is another storm coming on Thursday, so we needed to stock up. 


The pheasants are out enjoying the sun and picking up any corn that was dropped by the feed wagon.  They are so pretty and fun to watch Judy might have her chickens.  I have my pheasants. lol
 

4 comments:

  1. What a lot of snow. Staying in to quilt sounds like a great plan. Good luck with the free motion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you enjoy the book? I haven't seen that one, but the cover sure looks fun. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of snow!!! Your book looks great. Have fun and lot of succes with your free motion quilting.
    I have one pheasants you have many I see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never bought one of the Craftsy classed but have wondered about them. Looking forward to seeing your quilt when you get it done.

    ReplyDelete