Monday, March 18, 2013

It's A Finish!

After a lot of practicing on paper, watching videos, practicing on vinyl and practicing on fabric, I have completed FMQ Gypsy Girl.  She is a finish!!  The size is 65" x 75" - so far  my largest quilt.



The key to good free motion quilt results is matching thread.  lol  I used a light pink from Connecting Threads.  After all the tension problems I had with the Sulky thread, this went perfectly.



I stippled in the main body of the quilt, circles in the small border and feathers in the 4" border.  I did a large loose stipple, because I wanted the quilt to be soft.  The feathers improved the more I did.  Corners were tricky and not perfect, but they will do.


I haven't washed it yet and it needs a label.    I was too excited to wait for washing!!   I had to show you!!  Now the fun of deciding the next project........................
 

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great finish! Very pretty! Quilting is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy Girl is just beautiful. Congratulations! Are you planning to keep it?

    Take care,
    Susan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great Janet. Good job. Have fun deciding on the next project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Hooo congratulations on your finish and well done with your FMQing. I can't even do feathers....
    My machine didn't like Sulky either.
    I love to use a verigated thread by Kingtut..
    Love the header photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful! Congratulations! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Janet! I love King Tut, but Sulky and I don't get along when it comes to quilting. It takes a lot of Sewers Aid to use Sulky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful..I love the fabrics and the stitching is fantastic!

    Love your baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh - congratulations! So fun to finish one and start another. A very nice finish it is indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it so bright and makes me want spring to be here. I use thread from connection thread also and never have trouble with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy to see Gypsy done! Makes you proud to do such a beautiful job. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three cheers and a Snoopy Dance! I'm so excited...and proud of you! It's gorgeous and the quilting just makes it really sing! Well done! Hope you'll keep it out where you can enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete