We have named the new baby, Lily Butterfly. She floats like a butterfly and her Mom's name is Lillian, so I came up with this name. DH wanted to name her Butterfly, but he said that was too long of a name for calling her.
She really doesn't need to be called. As soon as you come close, she is there to greet us. She's very curious and loves to put on a show for us. She runs, jumps, bucks and kicks. She moves too fast for me to even get a decent picture. I've tried videoing, but she's too fast for my small camera.
She does stop to take a roll. Llamas take baths by rolling in the dust. We are having fun watching her. I have a ring side seat in the house. She brings a laugh to us many times a day.
It's been a cold week. Peanut needed a warm spot after she came in from a morning outside. (sorry for the mess by the window). I sure hope it warms up before the calves start coming.
I feel like I spent the week on the road. I went to the dermatologist with DD 1. She had two more biopsies for melanoma. One of her last biopsies came back with a moderate/severe rating of turning into melanoma and they did additional tissue removal. We did stop at a couple quilt shops. On Friday I took DH to the doctor after much persuasion. He has had "junk" for a couple weeks and was starting to have more difficulty breathing. They fixed him up with antibiotics and breathing treatments. Last night it was time for some fun. I went with my SIL and niece and their husbands to the Show Choir dinner theater that my great nephew was in. It was totally awesome! The show featured 60's and 70's music. There were a lot of talented singers and dancers. I miss going to high school events sometimes, other times staying home is very nice.
No sewing at all this week. : ( I did find out DD 1 would like a new tote bag for work. I also checked out her color and design preferences at the quilt shops. It's time to make my daughters quilts this year.




She's beautiful and I love her name.
ReplyDeleteYour baby is just so sweet. You picked a perfect name.
ReplyDeleteGreat header with Peanut and the pretty quilt.
ReplyDeleteI bet you have lots of fun watching Lily Butterfly's antics..
Hope all goes well with DD1's tissue removals..
You will enjoy choosing fabrics and making your DD's quilts and bag..
Oh my goodness! Lily Butterfly is so dang cute. I would love to be able to watch her from my window. I am sure you get lots of enjoyment. Peanut is beautiful as always. Sounds like you had a busy week. We got about 3 or 4 inches of snow this weekend. I have plants ready for the garden, but they are on hold. Praying for DD1. I know how much fun making quilts for the kids is, so have fun.
ReplyDeleteLily is a doll! Those eyes are so pretty. 8) My cat used to do that all the time, only she would spread herself over the entire vent so she would steam, and the room would be like 40 degrees! I hope your DD and DH have only good health for the rest of the year, and that spring comes very soon!
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Susan in Texas
Lily is a cutie. I'm with you on the warm up before calving.
ReplyDelete