March came in like a lamb here in South Dakota. We will be looking for the lion at the end of the month--just in time for calving time. This little March block was fun to make. Green isn't one of my favorite colors, so I really had to dig through the stash to come up with some fun green fabrics. DH is enjoying these cute little hangings. He usually doesn't pay much attention to what I'm doing, but he seems to be looking forward to each month now. lol
I've completed all of the quilting on Gypsy, but the last border. I've been practicing my feathers. I found www.forestquilting.com this week. If you click on the free patterns at the top, there are a bunch of quilting motifs. I printed out some of the feather ones. If my sample looks good, I'm going to quilt feathers around the border.
I had guys for dinner today. It was a simple dinner of roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and corn. We are planning on selling the calves this next week. Today they are sorting off the bigger calves that are ready to go on to the feedlots. We will keep feeding the little ones. We will also keep back the best heifers for the new breeding season. It is a gorgeous sunny day--seems like Spring is in the air.

Our day began with snow flurries but the sun is trying to take over the day. More snow forecasted for this week. MAYBE spring will show up here eventually. The cold does make for some nice days of being warm and cozy indoors. :)
ReplyDeleteVery cute March block. It came in like a lamb for us too, but I hope the lion stays away. We've had such a cold miserable winter, complete with inversions, nasty air, and much colder than usual temperatures that I'm hoping our share of the lion is over. Yesterday was lovely and today even better.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea to do a mini each month
ReplyDeleteYour March one is grat
That would be great
ReplyDeleteIt is cold here with a bit of snow flurries!!
ReplyDeleteLove you March banner--I need to make something--
hummmmm--have to think on it a bit!!!
hugs, di and miss gracie
Very cute block!!
ReplyDeleteLove your little quilt! Your header photo makes me chilly just looking at it. LOL Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteI love your March block. Me, I HAVE to get back in the sewing room. I have been so lazy lately. I have to agree with Sandie about your header photo - brrr. You're made of hardier stuff than me. My Green Bay hardiness has completely worn off and now I'm just another Texas sunflower. lol
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Susan in Texas
Love your March banner. What fun to have a special one each month.
ReplyDeleteI sure love your little quilt and the dots on the green. Just too cute. My favorite meal is roast and mash potatoes....yum!
ReplyDelete