Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring?!


 It does not look like Spring in the calving lot.  It has melted some since I took this picture last week.  DH blew snow away from the fences into the trees.  We really haven't even been able to fix fence because there is too much snow.  I'm NOT complaining.  We need the moisture and a lot of this will melt and flow into the small dam for drinking water for the cows.  It was almost empty last fall.   Yesterday it was 65 degrees, so that got rid of some of the snow.



We had our first calf last week on 3/31.  He is a cutie with some white markings on his face.  He was deep in sleep and I didn't wake him.   His mom was hiding him out in the corn stalks.


 Don't ask me why you would want to kiss a llama.  Sometimes I wonder about my husband--lol.  Lily loves him and always wants to kiss him.  I'm not trusting enough to try it.



I made a Schlep bag today.  You can download the pattern here.  I bought it as a kit with free pattern at a quilt shop.  I didn't realize I could get the pattern online for free until I googled it.   I think this will make a handy travel bag.  I'm always taking along extra stuff.  I didn't put in any inside pockets or batting.   I think this would be a nice gift to make.

8 comments:

  1. oh my--sure do hope that the weather warms up for you soon--though--if it wants to be cold--I say let it do it now and not after it gets warm and the buds come and then a freeze!!
    that little calf is cute, but looks so lonely there--and Lily is growing right along isn't she!!
    hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't look much like spring to me, but it sure is pretty. Hope the spring thaw will bring lots of moisture for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH YO !
    Now why do I just love that kissy photo :-) Way to go baby Lils llarma... your doing good work there. Ah, I am so pleased... lots of love and hey, we have snow too today.. :-) x x x No Lily Larma's though.. DOW ! ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. SPRING!!! Yes! It was 45 deg. today with the snow going down. There is something special about newborn beef calves.

    Thank you for the link to the bag. I checked it out and have it downloaded. Looks like it will make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made a lot of the schlep bags and it's one of my favorite patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag is beautiful, and I like the love from Lily for your husband, so cute!!! And Spring is comming (lol) in the Netherlands it is also very cold. Nice weekend Tiny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of Lily and your husband. All our snow is finally melted. I am hoping to get my cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts planted tomorrow. I hope I'm not pushing it, but they need to go out. LOL I have had them sitting on the deck this week, in hopes that they will harden off. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always love the photos of your animals.. Hmm No I wouldn't trust Lily either even though she is very cute...
    Nice snow, it cools me down nicely.. We are still having 100's here..
    Lovely bag. thanks for the lin will check it out

    ReplyDelete