Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It was a late night.

It was 1:00 am before we got to bed last night or I should say this morning.  One of our 1st calving heifers needed assistance with her first birth.  She wasn't very cooperative going to the calving barn.  As you can see it is very wet and muddy yet here.  There is deeper snow in our regular calving lot, so the herd is still in fall pasture south of our house.



This is a photo of our new cow chaser.  So we chased J8 to the barn and set her up in the calving suite.  We gave her some time to do her thing.  Then  DH and I worked to assist her, but had to call the vet in from the town 30 miles south.  He got here around 11:00 pm and performed a c-section.  This morning J8 and baby are doing well.  I hope that is our 1st and last vet visit of the season. 

Today I hope to sew block #3 of the Jelly Roll Quilt Along over at Moose Quilts.  I am using a Blush Basic Grey jelly roll.  I love the colors and designs.  Here are pictures of block 1 and 2.  It will just depend on my DH's schedule and the cows. 


I am looking forward to daughter #1 coming home for Easter break. She will be home at least 2 days. DD 1 is attending nursing school and working at a nursing home too. She is very busy, but has asked for Easter off and she has Monday off from school. Rocco, her little chihauhau will be so excited to see her. He seems very happy with us, but goes nuts when she comes home to visit.

Thank you to every one that has signed up as a follower and for the kind comments.  I better get something done around here so I can cut and sew later.  Have a great day.  A hug for you....... 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janet! Nice to meet you and welome to blogland! I love your fabric choice for the Jelly roll quilt along. I'm amazed that cow mamma's get c-sections! I'm glad they're doing well.
    Hope you get some time to sew, but ranching sounds like cool work too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, I'm so glad I found your blog. I am enjoying immensely.

    I see we are both doing the Jelly Roll Quilt Along.

    LOL - I love your cow chaser. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet! I know we will be friends for sure--not only do I like your blocks--I noticed the John Deere in the background. We will not mention the other two tractors! Our email--GPFarms@..... = G(reen)P(owered)Farms@... I too have had many experiences with helping pull calves in the middle of the night!
    Have a great time with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging, Janet. :-)
    Blush is a gorgeous fabric range - your blocks suit it well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look like a busy time for you. Love your blocks..
    XX Razzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fabric choices for the jelly roll quilt a long are lovely.

    ReplyDelete