Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hanging In There

Today was another cool, cloudy and rainy day.  The temperatures have warmed and the snow is all melted.  I'm not complaining about the rain or mud.  I know how precious moisture is and we have had years that were dry.  Dry is not good!  I know better than to complain about rain.   So far we have been doing well with keeping everyone healthy.  Tomorrow they promise sunshine and 70 degrees!!!  No one has been able to get in the fields to plant anything yet. 


I love these little guys with the white faces.  They are all needing some sunshine.



So far this one gets the "funny face" award for 2011.


I've gotten good use out of my mud boots.  Hopefully some drying will happen tomorrow.


More mud!


The llamas are such "easy keepers".  DH said he would buy some more if they were worth anything.  I have been keeping an eye on them.  We aren't sure if they are pregnant or not.  There were some "activities" back on May 30th, so there is a possibility of little llamas.  Wouldn't that be fun?  They don't really look any different, but how can you tell under all that fleece?


Here is Puss's favorite sleeping spot.  She can hardly wait for DH to lay down on the couch so she can snuggle down and snooze.  We are getting caught up on our sleep slowly. 

 Michelle is coming tomorrow to help for a day.  Her "big final" is Monday and then graduation Thursday evening--if she passes the final.  I've told her not to stress so, but she is.  I probably would too.  Don't tell anyone, but Jen is flying home for graduation and Mother's Day--can't wait.  She is surprising Michelle.  Dear BIL has agreed to cow sit, so we can all attend the graduation festivities.

Sorry,  I haven't been answering comments.  I've decided April is a no sew and no reply month.  I'm looking forward to the month of May!!


8 comments:

  1. Oh Janet I love your little calves. Funny face is sweet. LOL
    Puss is very clever keeping warm.
    Good Luck Michelle. How lovely to have both the girls home for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dry is not good, but too wet isn't good either. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for a good long dry spell (or at least 24-48 hours without rain)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little calves. Yes, do not complain about rain and mud. I live in south Texas and we are in the middle of a terrible drought. Our ponds have dried out and we're having to run the well to water the deer and wildlife. Enjoy your blog rest in April and I look forward to reading about you in May :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those calves are so cute! We have mud too, but not as much as you! Spring has to come sometime! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I put in an order for some of that mud? I can swap you a bit of wind and a whole lot of dry. Here's hoping y'all dry out soon. It's tough when you're trying to get seed in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the funny face cow. Very cute. I'm sure everyone understands about not answering comments when you are as busy as you have been lately.

    I don't think I have seen a picture of a baby llama. I'm sure they would be cute just like any other baby.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet, your description of the life you lead makes city girls want to rush to the country. This is my first visit to your blog but I'll be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing all the pictures. Glad you are getting some sunshine and drier weather.

    ReplyDelete