Monday, April 4, 2011

It's No Fun

It's not fun blogging without pictures.  I'm still without a camera AND we have started calving, so I'm missing those wonderful pictures of those sweet little faces.  I hope to get somewhere this week that sells cameras.  I would order on line, but I'm just not sure what I want and I'm more of a "hands on" shopper when it comes to this purchase.  I'm not sure about some of the "free clip art" sites and I'm copyright fearful, so no pictures today.

The first calf was born on April 1--right on schedule.  She was a healthy baby girl.  We had a warm and very, very windy week-end.  Michelle was home for the week-end and BIL Ron came to help do some physical preparations for the calving season. 

With the extra help available I was able to attend a bridal shower for my great niece, Jessica.   Baby sister and I were going to have a fun day together, but she called to cancel due to illness, so  I chauffeured a 92 year old great grandma to the shower.  We had a good visit to and from the shower.  We also were treated to a musical program at the Fine Arts center that another great niece participated in.  It was nice to get away for a day and also to know that DH had help.

We enjoyed having Michelle home for the week-end.  She has 1 month of school left.  She also has a job interview at the hospital tomorrow morning for a job in the Total Care Unit after graduation. 

I hope next time I post I will have a new camera!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will have a hot and brand new camera in your hands. Also sure there will be more calves around in the coming weeks for you to show us.... Good luck with the interview Michelle
    :-)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased you were able to get away for a few hours.
    Looking forward to seeing the babies when you get a camera. I agree. Would rather see what I am buying.
    Best of luck Michelle with your interview.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good weekend for you, Janet, despite not getting a new camera. It will happen soon..I can feel it!

    Congrats to your daughter on finishing her schooling and good luck with the job interview. I take it she's going into nursing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I brought a sony cyber shot it take lovely photo and it is only small so I can pop it into my bag when going any were. So I do not miss out on taking photo. It is a great camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard blogging without a camera. Plus, it seems whenever I don't have my camera with me there are always some wonderful photo ops. Do you have a cell phone with a camera? Then you could at least get some pictures of those adorable new calves.

    Glad to hear you were able to break away for the bridal shower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to some faces of smiling new calves. I'm sure it will be a busy time for a while, but it is a sure sign of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Janet,

    Good luck with purchasing the camera.Hope the calving is going to plan. Nothing like those big eyes looking up at you.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete