Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Win



Many thanks to Vicky, the LA quilter and her sweet dog, Penny for picking me to win the give away for 2 charm packs of Simplicity by 3 Sisters.  I love the soft colors and am thinking I see a girly quilt.  It's always fun to get fabric in the mail.  It makes my day every single time!!!  Thanks again, Vicky!! Quilting bloggers are wonderful people.

It is snowing today.  I'm just hanging out and watching it come down.  You may have noticed that I haven't blogged as much this year.  I hate to be a complainer.  I've been struggling with joint pain.    Yesterday I had an appointment with the orthopedic doctor.  Xrays show that I am bone on bone in my knees.  I got a steroid shot in my left knee.  I slept well last night and didn't need the walker to get up and going this morning.  I know this is just a delaying treatment, but I'm thankful for it at the moment. 

I'd love to hear any knee replacement comments or advice from my followers.   I have lost some weight and been doing exercises.  I intend to keep up with that.  I guess 35 years of working on concrete floors has taken its tole.  I know being overweight hasn't helped either.  I really need to get serious about controlling my weight.  I suppose I thought I was indestructible--not really, just in denial.

I know DH misses his helper in the morning with chores.  It just hasn't been possible and I'm thankful that he understands.  My housekeeping has suffered too.  I'm hoping to get caught up the next few days. 

 

6 comments:

  1. I had my left knee replaced in 2006 and will probably have my right one replaced this year. I love my replaced knee. No Pain!!!! The rehab isn't hard but you have to do it and do everything the PT tells you. If you do that you'll have a great knee. I was really nervous the first time but it went really well and I am having the same surgeon do the right one. Find a surgeon that does a lot of knee replacements. But seriously, get it done. You won't regret it. It gave me a new lease on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the need of exercise...with the kids in school I need to make some time for myself. I don't know about knee replacements but a few years ago had planter fascitus and a few aches & pains but am now religious to wear halflinger slippers in the house all the time and quality shoes out and it makes a huge difference. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity is my all time very favorite fabric one. =D How lucky you are to own some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Charm packs win Janet..

    I don't know about having a knee replacement but some of my friends who have had them would agree with Chris @Cats...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joint pain is no fun although I have had no personal experience with grumpy knees, but close friends who have had knee replacement surgery say that it has given them a new lease on life and is well worth it. I need to join you in the weight removal department. Sigh. It is so much harder to make it disappear at 'this' age.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister suffered for years with her knee. The doctor didn't want to do knee replacement because she was so young. She tried quite a few alternative treatments until finally her doctor told her it was time. She underwent surgery and was so much better. She told me that she could tell the difference when she woke up from surgery, no more chronic pain. She went through quite a bit of therapy but says it was worth it. Her quality of life is so much better. Good luck and I hope this information is a bit helpful.

    ReplyDelete