Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Again


 I worked on the June Bug Quilt with the Happy jelly roll.   I forgot how "linty" you get when sewing with jelly roll strips.   lol  I completed the 21 blocks that are made from 4 strips.  I have the  21 petal blocks all fused.  I just need to do a blind stitch around them.  It was so hot and humid out today we spent the afternoon inside.  I plugged in a small fan in the sewing room to circulate the air. 



I thought you might like to see how much Baby has grown.  She gets a bottle every morning and evening.   We  feed her pellets too.   She's three and  a half months old now.   We feel bad for her being all alone by the barn, so next week we are going to take her down to the south pasture.  There is a calf feeder there with pellets and DH thinks she will come when I call, so we can give her the bottles of milk. 

It is suppose to be very hot this week-end.  I'm not sure if we'll be boating or staying inside.  I'd be satisfied to stay home and sew in the AC.  Have a wonderful week-end!

15 comments:

  1. Janet, your blocks look wonderful. Glad you were able to get some sewing in. Baby is so cute. I hope we can stay in this weekend as well. The heat and humidity will be a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great Janet.
    Baby is is so sweet. I am sure she will love some company.
    Your new Header looks great.
    Staying in sewing sounds like fun.
    I am only hand stitching as we travel around. Missing my machine but enjoying the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your petal blocks look great. The curves are so even. I'd love to know how you get them that smooth, I always end up with tiny little pointy bits when I try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, those Happy blocks are so cute! I can't wait to see the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your June Bug quilt is looking great. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little baby is so cute! I have fond memories of my granddaddy (who was a dairy farmer) letting me bottle feed calves. I was horrified by the foamy slobber they produce, but what a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was fast! I'm on the computer this morning, trying to catch up on some reading and I just posted on an older post of yours that I hope you'll get some sewing time soon and now this post pops up! LOL! That'll be a really fun quilt! I always love the bottle calves. We almost always have one each year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute little petals. I'm always on the lookout for cute appliqué patterns. Using jelly rolls is such a fun way to get a beautiful color coordinated quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like the colors of our blocks....I'm a brights kind of girl too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Janet,

    Love your latest quilt. Good luck with it all hope it cools down for you.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure that once Baby figures out you have he milk, she will come running!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear from you so quickly, Janet. I'm so glad you are finally having time to sew. Those blocks are so festive!

    Awww, Baby is adorable! I think she will do just fine and come when you call her to feed her.

    Stay cool!

    Carol (NJ)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janet ... your blocks are looking very happy. :) The main photo on your blog with the rolling green fields looks like a lovely pastoral painting ... and as always, it offers me a glimpse of another world far from my urban home. Thanks for posting ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blocks are so cute! I just love the fabric. I had a charm pack I picked up this weekend and boy did I get linty from it, so I know the feeling. Stay inside and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete