How can life get so busy? I was so looking forward to having some time to catch up in the house and play a little. June has been a busy month outside. The boys have been waiting to return to the tall green grass and the company of the rest of the herd.
The veterinarian was out to check on their health and vaccinate them. The cold winter can be hard on bulls and one of the guys was no longer fertile. He got a ride to the sale barn. The rest of the crew are enjoying the summer working in plush green pastures.
Dear friends, I started this post the beginning of July and here it is one third of the way into the month of July. All work and no play makes for dull blogging. I'm also having a problem with my computer and too many pictures and not enough memory. How do you manage that? Do I need a memory stick? Would that help? I could use some suggestions.
I haven't been sewing or doing extra cleaning. In any spare time I've been napping or reading. The days fly by. It has been hot and so humid here. It feels like you are walking in a sauna most of the day. I don't do well in high humidity--I feel like I'm melting. lol We usually don't have such high humidity in South Dakota. We have been blessed with rain and things are so green. Our wheat looks wonderful. We have lots of hay to make. I'm behind in the garden. The weeds have gotten ahead of me. I've been trying to catch up there the last couple mornings. I didn't get much planted, but the tomatoes plants look great.
I haven't been reading blogs and I've missed doing that too. I'm not sure how I had time for that last year. I'm not sure if getting older makes time go faster or it's just that I must go so much slower. I'm hoping some of you can give me advice about the pictures and storage space. Thanks so much for checking on me. I hope to start posting again soon. Hugs to you all.


Put all your pictures over on flickr. That's where I have all my quilting pics, hundreds of them. They're not on your hard drive then.
ReplyDeleteOR get an external hard drive. That's not very expensive and gives you another drive to fill.
The sticks are kinda dicey, seems to me.
You have some nice looking boys! I'm not sure about the storage capacity - every time we run out of space my hubby just upgrades the computer - sorry there's no help from me.
ReplyDeleteThe external hard drive is the best thing to do, though! My photographer son does that, I'm pretty sure!I know another photographer who puts them on CD's (or is it DVD's) not sure which is right.
ReplyDeleteHave missed seeing your blog and realize you have so much to do on your ranch. Yes, the time does go much, much faster as you get older -it's not you slowing down!!!!!!!!!! I can tell you it's going at break neck speed for me anymore but I am just going to relax and enjoy the ride. What doesn't get done doesn't matter at my house, but I know it's different at yours. As for your pictures, your followers are giving you good advice. I have some on cd's and also have an external hard drive. Lots of the ones I take for my blog, I just delete. Try and keep cool - I am not a fan of heat and humidity, either and never have been. I make good use of my ac. Hugs,Carol
ReplyDeleteI copy my pictures to a CD, then move them to an external hard drive for long-term storage. You could use a flash (thumb) drive, but if you have tons of pictures, it might just fill it.
ReplyDeleteMine is a different situation (driving to so many kids sports events) but I feel exactly the same... We finally got around to trying Preen in the garden this year and it has help considerably with the weeds!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear from you. I was a little worried, but it looks like all is well.
ReplyDeleteJanet, I'm so glad to see your post. I think it is hotter and more humid than normal this year. We had 108* a little while ago! I do not remember it EVER being that hot here in northwest Missouri. I do not even want to know what the the heat index for that temp. would be. I am so ready for fall. Your bulls look great, although very intimidating to me. LOL I was chased by our bull when I was a kid. Never got over that fear. LOL I hope you can get your computer issues figured out. I have been having trouble with my followers disappearing. They are there, then they are gone. Right now, I have 2 followers blocks up. I am leaving it like that for the time being. Have a restful evening, my friend.
ReplyDeleteJanet, good to hear from you! I've been so busy myself, but I noticed the few times I've had time to check blogs, there wasn't an updated one from you. Glad it's just busy and not sickness or something else! I hope you can find time to rest in between working hard on chores!
ReplyDeleteCarol (NJ)
Nice to read your post Janet. Sounds like you have been keep busy with life.
ReplyDeleteSorry can't help re the photo storeage.
Good to see your post :-) Your not the only one that goes missing from the screen in the Summer. With all your cattle and farm, you have an excuse :-)
ReplyDeleteWe have a external drive especially for our photo's, as the camera is always in my hand. Maybe you've filled up your internal computer space... easy done.
:-)xxx
Good Morning,
ReplyDeleteI use an external hard drive to store my pictures and back up my hard drive every now and then. I have tons of data on the external drive and have only used a tiny fraction of the space.
I like your new applique project.
I usually copy my photos to a CD and keep another copy on an external hard drive. Don't take nearly as many photos as I used to, but they have certainly piled up through the years! Can't help you on why life gets so busy. I figure that if it's that busy, we must be out there living it and that's a good thing. We're still so dry that humidity sounds quite lovely although I just came back from San Antonio and it wasn't all that lovely when I was outside working in it. Even at 7 am it was miserable. Hope things will slow down for you a bit and you'll find time to play with fabric again.
ReplyDelete