Rocco and I aren't avoiding you. We are just hanging out and not doing much to blog about. Rocco has improved in the last week. He hasn't been circling and not much head tilt. He is unsteady on his feet, but mainly I think he is blind and just unsure of himself. We are doing some eye drops Dr Cooper recommended. He said they might help and wouldn't hurt anything. We are really sad for him and still hoping for improvement. I had to take DH to the field this morning and it breaks my heart that Rocco has no interest in having his head out the window. The cats can't figure out what is wrong. He no longer chases and plays with them. They seem to know something is wrong and gather around. I know I'm sounding depressing and I am. I just pray with time things will be better. It's hard to not see Rocco enjoying life and making us laugh with his antics. I have been doing a lot of reading and holding him. I don't want him to get depressed like me. lol I hope our love can pull him through.
I thought I would show you how my English Ivy has gone wild. I usually pinch it back, so it doesn't get too large. I've been neglecting it and it has taken advantage of it by growing and growing. I probably should re pot it, but don't really have a cute container to transfer it to. I never think to look for something when I get to a place that might have something. As you can see I still have the July runner on the library table. I love red, white and blue any time of year.
This is the Silent Sunday kitten that was sitting in the pan. The black barn cat "Blackie" (very original name for a black cat) brought 4 little kittens to the house for feeding. They were pretty timid at first, but this one and a black one are tame now. He is such a pretty gray cat. It's fun to see them tear around the yard in the mornings and evenings when it cools off. They miss Rocco chasing them. In fact I hold the little black one while Rocco does his business or she will jump on him.
DH is busy mowing, raking and baling. The wheat is ready for combining and we are waiting for the crew to come--not very patiently either. I packed him lunch today so he can keep working without a stop. I'll have left over shrimp fettuccine alfredo from supper last night for lunch. I was so hungry for something that wasn't cooked on the grill. DH isn't much for pasta, but I haven't made this for a year. It was a treat for me and ok with DH. He's more of a "show me the beef" and potato guy.
I'm going to try to harden my heart and do some sewing this afternoon.



Sending you a hug and a prayer for Rocco - hope things improve.
ReplyDeletePoor Rocco and you..it's hard to see our little furry guys hurting. Hopefully he'll improve! Hugs to you both:)
ReplyDeleteI love your header picture:)
Glad to hear Rocco is feeling a bit better. I'm guessing it just takes time. Dogs are more resilient than humans sometimes. Hopefully the eye drops will help improve his vision.
ReplyDeletePoor lonely kitties lol. My Hubby is a meat and tater kind of guy too. Plus, he does not like to try different recipes. He figures if he already likes something why change it? lol
Take a little time for yourself. Sewing can ease the mind even if for only a minute or two. Maybe you can work on a hand sewing project while Rocco hangs out with you?
I will be praying Rocco. Please keep us posted on how he's doing. I do pray for him that he feels better soon. I'm so glad you take the time to hold him, I'm sure it makes him feel better. Poor little guy.
ReplyDeleteJust proves yet again how important our animals are to us, doesn't it? At least he knows he's loved, and loved LOTS. I really think that counts for an awful lot whoeveer you are. (and our animals are 'whos' not 'whats', I don't care about the bad grammar!)
ReplyDeleteI hope poor little Rocco gets feeling better. It's so hard when they are not doing well and there's not much you can do about it. I sure he feels your love and appreciates it.
ReplyDeleteI really feel for you Janet and hope all your loving helps Rocco get better.
ReplyDeleteHe is such a gorgeous little fellow.
How I wish I could give you some huge hugs. XX
Nice the kittens are getting friendlier and they give you some joy as they play.
Please give Rocco a hug from me.
ReplyDeleteMarilyn
I'm not surprised if you are depressed. It's horrible to see a pet that you love suffering or struggling.
ReplyDeleteI hope the drops will help his eyes.
Janet, continuing prayers Rocco improves steadily. It's hard when our best friends are sick!
ReplyDeleteCarol (NJ)
Thinking about you, Janet, and hoping your dear little Rocco gets better. Hard to think about much else when someone you love is not well. I send you hugs. Carol
ReplyDelete