Sunday, March 25, 2012

Duh!

I finally figured out what the problem was with my camera.  My memory card was FULL--how did that happen?  I think my other camera told me when that happened--this one just started acting weird.  I'll know next time it happens.  I'm back with pictures!


Here is a picture of the first baby of the season.  A little bull was born on Friday.  He has white on his back feet and a white tip on his tail.  He was too cold this morning to pose for me.  As you can see Mama wasn't letting me get any closer.

The winner of the last give away, the book  Stack the Deck Revisited was Winona.  I hope she enjoys it.

I received a package from Kallie, who hosted a give away in February.  She made me a beautiful hexagon needle case with thread holder.  Isn't it the coolest thing?!

She sent the needle book, thread (purple-my favorite color), pins, fabrics and hexie template in a pink cherry fabric envelope.   I like the pins she sent.  They are very sharp and have glass heads.  Thank you, Kallie!!  I love how generous quilt bloggers are--they give from their heart.  I've added your blog to my blog list--you'll always be a special friend.



I finished pinning June Bug, so I'll be able to start "big stitch" quilting.   

11 comments:

  1. Janet, I love your baby bull picture! I had to laugh...with the card being full...sounds like something I'd do!!! I need a camera...only have the one on my cell phone and doesn't take the best pictures~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little baby--too bad they grow up to be big creatures!!!!
    and your winnings are neat!!!
    When I download my pictures from my camera's each day--
    I have the computer erase them--
    that way my chip is always empty and ready for more more photos!!
    Hugs, Di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice package you got. Your little bull is cute....does he have a name?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Janet,

    Technology usually beeps at you to tell you it is full. Love the gifts you received.

    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Janet, I'm glad you finally figured out what the problem with the camera was and it's an EASY fix! Whew!

    Cute baby.

    Great winnings too! Lovely gifts.

    Carol (NJ)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would think there is something wrong with the camera too. Not that the card is full LOL.

    Cute little fella....
    Nice sqishie you received....Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The beautiful weather we have had has been great for calving! No snowbanks or blizzards. Kasey and I went on the 4-wheeler around the pasture yesterday looking for calves. We saw one as it was standing for the first time! She was thrilled! I am glad it was a simple fix with the camera! Don't feel too bad..I have done the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems like memory cards fill up so fast. My photo program gives me the option of deleting the photos every time I upload to my computer and I have started doing that. It saves a bunch of hassle. I love the cow and calf picture. My Dad raised Angus cattle too. Makes me homesick for an earlier time in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I often find myself with a full card when I'm trying to snap a picture and then I have to scroll through and find some to delete so I can get the shot. I don't print nearly as many photos as I once did, but I really ought to. Always a joy to welcome the first baby of the season! Hope he'll have lots of playmates before long. Your needle book is cute - I love hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable little bull! Thanks for the picture it really makes my day. I love your banner picture too - so calm and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wouldn't have thought of the memory card either! I wonder if mine is almost full?
    Love the little needle case!

    ReplyDelete