Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Long Time No See or Sew


I'm not sure where June went, but it was a blur.   


 There was a beautiful outdoor wedding.  My nephew married a lovely young woman.  Of course weddings mean family times.


It isn't often that all of my siblings (baby brother, little sis and big sis)  get together in the same place.  We had a really fun night celebrating with the bride and groom.



The next party was DH's Aunt Mary Jane's 80th birthday.  What an amazing woman!  She still works at the local nursing home 3 days a week as a restorative aide.  Many of the residents are younger than she is.  DH's sisters and some of his nieces put on a program as Red Hatters.

The calves have all been worked.  The cattle are all out to summer pasture, including "the boys".  It has been hot here and we need rain.  The corn is starting to curl.  The wheat will be ready to combine soon.  DH has started making hay for the winter feeding. 

I decided today that no matter what I was going to sew something.  DD 1 mentioned that she could use some new potholders, so that is what I made.  I have so many UFO's and things I want to make and finish.  It was just nice to make something simple and finish it.   I hope to get more organized so I can get back to working on some things again.  It is usually too hot in the afternoon to do much outside. 



I'm determined to get back to blogging too!

7 comments:

  1. I was DELIGHTED to see you pop up Janet. Have been thinking about you.
    Pleased to see you have been having lots of fun with family and also getting a little stitching done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you have been spending time with family and friends. Looks like lots of fun times. Glad you found a few minutes to sew something. Sometimes a little break is just what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. It sounds like your June has been busy and fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Glad you're back! I missed you. Love the potholders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your other blogging friends, I have missed reading about you ranch, quilting, and happenings in your life. Welcome Back my friend. Love the pepper pot holders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Janet,

    Lovely family photo's, your Aunt is one amazing woman.

    happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summertime is like that - the bride and groom make a lovely couple - the 80th BD looks like everyone is having fun. Those chili potholders look like a nifty quick sewing fix :) Bernie

    ReplyDelete