Monday, February 13, 2012

Accessory Bag Swap

I thought I'd show you what I received and what I made.    My partner was Heather.  She really spoiled me! 


She made this cute little tote bag and filled it with other things.  The bag is interfaced and will hold up well for carrying a little take-with project.  The memo holder on the left is so pretty--brights are my favorite.

Heather included two memo books and a pen.  This little baby went right into my purse!  I'm so looking forward to having a note book when I need it--no more notes on the back of bank deposit slips.  lol  She has inspired me to put this on my list of "things to make for gifts".


This little zipper bag is so sweet.  It is fully line too.  Heather does a great job with zippers (whereas I need more practice.).

Check out this extra special zipper pull!!  Love it!!!  It will pair very nicely with  my little project tote.  I'll show you in a later post how I'm using it.


She also included this really neat FQ.  I'm going to make something special for myself with it.
Thanks so much, Heather.  You were an awesome swap partner. 

Here is what I made for Heather.  First I made this little zipper bag.



I made the bag and then found this perfect button in my stash to complete it.  I used Terry Atkinson's pattern.  I like this pattern, but I really like when the bag is lined like the one Heather made for me.


I decided to make a quilted needle case to include in my package.  I had done FMQing on this fabric for practice.  I used it to make the needle case.


I sent her a pair of fairy scissors.

and a little box decorated with buttons.

I was really wishing I had made the needle case to match the bag.  Heather shared that she loved the needle case fabric, because she had made her daughter a dress from it.  I guess things turn out like they are suppose to.  I also sent her some chocolate.


It was a fun swap.  Thanks again to Heather for all my wonderful things.  I'm finally back to sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Janet I am so pleased to see you received lots of wonderful swap gifts from Heather.
    Also like the gifts you sent to her.
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete