Friday, February 24, 2012

A New Book and A New Swap

Do you read Michele's website Quilting Gallery?  I have been reading it more lately because there is a new Learning Center feature.  The focus of the posts have been Studio Organizing hosted by Pat Sloan.   I don't have a studio, but I really need to organize.   It's been nice to see there are a lot people with my problem.  They had a give away for the book,  Organizing Solutions for Every Quilter. Last night I checked out Amazon and found out I could buy the book for my Kindle Fire for under ten dollars.  As you know I have a bad weakness for books--so I bought it.  I haven't done a lot of reading yet, but the contenst page looks very good.   The first chapter has already told me that buying alot of plastic containers is not the answer.  I think that is true if they are all piled up on each other and you have no idea what is in them.

(picture borrowed from Amazon, so you can't look inside here)

I need to really do some organizing so I can make better use of my time and the things I have.   I spend way too much time trying to find something.  I do a lot of the things I've seen on blogs--plastic project containers and binders full of projects.  I'm hoping this will give me the push I need to make a major over haul.  Of course, I have to read the book first.   Stop over at the Quilting Gallery's Learning Center for more information.



I joined another swap.  I am a member of the Snickerdoodle Dreams community.   It is a social network for quilters and scrapbookers.  They are having a new swap called Love Thy Friend.  It is a round robin swap.  It's all about loving our friends with goodness. What you receive in your swap box you can take out anything... but then... what you take out you must replace!!  After replacing the items with new things, you send it on to the next person.  It sounds like something new and different and FUN.  They are taking sign ups until February 28th, if you are interested. 



Are you wondering if we got snow?  Yes, we did---10 inches of the lovely, white, very wet kind of snow.  It's wonderful to have moisture for future grass growth.   We spent most of yesterday outside (no sewing) pushing snow around, feeding everyone and providing a dry place to lay down for the cattle.  I'm a really good gate keeper.


Sorry about the picture quality, but it was snowing that hard at the time.  At least it wasn't super cold out.  Today is windy and sunny.   The snow is melting, so I know the temperature is above freezing.   I really need to get busy doing something productive and that won't happen on the computer.




8 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book! I hope you will pass on the great suggestions you find! We still have not had snow....Very unusual. Maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was better at organizing things like my daughter. She loves organizing everything, including her Mother. I also hope you'll pass on any suggestions you find helpful. Today we had glorious sunshine, but are expecting high winds and snow tomorrow. Take care, Nola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love to see your beautiful snow pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my fabric in see through containers. One for each color and wildlife, western, flowers ect. I would like a better idea if your book has one! I can find stuff but always moving totes to get to the one I want.
    I think I'll check out the swap too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet,

    I try not to buy too many containers but the stuff just comes home with me and it needs somewhere to stay. I guess we need to learn to use things up before we impulse buy.
    Enjoy that snow.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, I love your table at the top of your blog! Is that a ceramic watering can? So pretty! I was away at my mom's (she was in hospital last week) for a week so am catching up. Nice you finally got snow. We have only had flurries/showers here, nothing to shovel, thank goodness!

    It's good to see you sewing again! I love your bright quilt! Hope you "take your time" often! lol

    Carol (NJ)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the snow!!!!! I want some! Much prettier than the dust we are getting here... and I am going to check out that book since my word for the year is supposed to be getting ORGANIZED! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Janet!! Delightful post. I am a member of Snickerdoodle Dreams, too, but at the moment, cannot afford the postage, so am restraining myself from joining any swaps. I think I might need this book!! But, am restraining from buying any new books, too. I get the tremors once in awhile, but I'm managing!

    ReplyDelete