Here are the things I sent to Ruth for the Initial Heart Swap.
I made a pincushion and needle book for Ruth. I also sent a small scissors, two needles, 2 FQ and chocolate candy.
I made this pin cushion for her Initial item. I filled it with crushed walnut shells (a first for me). I really like the weight and the way the pins go into it. I need to make one for myself! I used Melissa's tutorial for inspiration.
This is the inside of the needle book I made. I love those little scissors--can you tell? I'm always buying them, so I have some on hand for gifts.
Ruth let me know she received them. My swaps are completed. In my next post I'll show you what I made for myself.
If you like to swap or would like to try one, check out Cheryll's blog. She is starting another swap.
I made a pincushion and needle book for Ruth. I also sent a small scissors, two needles, 2 FQ and chocolate candy.
I made this pin cushion for her Initial item. I filled it with crushed walnut shells (a first for me). I really like the weight and the way the pins go into it. I need to make one for myself! I used Melissa's tutorial for inspiration.
This is the inside of the needle book I made. I love those little scissors--can you tell? I'm always buying them, so I have some on hand for gifts.
Ruth let me know she received them. My swaps are completed. In my next post I'll show you what I made for myself.
If you like to swap or would like to try one, check out Cheryll's blog. She is starting another swap.



Great gifts you made, Janet! I'm sure that Ruth really liked them. And I think that anything you make for someone that is personalized (with their name or initials) is so thoughtful! Looking forward to seeing what you made just for you!
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Cyndi
You did a wonderful job of making great things for Ruth!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty group of items for the swap. I love your addition of the tiny rick rack to the pin cushion.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun package! I'll bet Ruth was tickled! I just bought some crushed walnut shells for pincushions too. I bought the smallest bag I could. I think I have enough to supply pincushions for all of blogland! That pincushion is super cute and your needle book is just darling.
ReplyDeletelooks like an ideal swap to me.... we can't get walnut shells over here...
ReplyDelete:-) X X X
Love to Peanut X
Darling pincushion and needle holder. I like that it has a place to store a small pair of scissors.
ReplyDeleteYou made some beautiful gifts for Ruth, Janet.Also included yummy chocies and nice goodies.I am sure she loved them all.
ReplyDeleteHave fun swapping.