Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday Treasure

I thought I would share one of my treasures with you today.


This beautiful painting hangs in our living room.  It was painted by my grandfather on my father's side.  Grandfather was born in the Netherlands.   He made the frame for this painting too.  

10 comments:

  1. Janet I love the painting of the windmill your Grandfather painted. What a wonderful treasure to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful painting and a wonderful thing to own. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your granfather was very talented. It is a beautiful painting and a very special keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was a lot of artistic talent in your family--grandfather, uncle David and Lucy. Did everyone get one of your grandfather's paintings.

    In doing genealogy, I found out one of my gr, gr grandmothers on my mother's side was born in the Netherlands, along the Rhine, but the borders there changed, and when she came to the U.S. more than 100 years ago, she was considered to be German and had to register during WW I, because we were at war with Germany. She was humiliated by this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the picture and thougt ...that is in the Netherlands, great painting. Wher is your Grandfather born in the Netherlands? I live in the Nord of the Netherlands. Hugs Tiny

    ReplyDelete
  6. It lovely Janet! Lucky you to have a painting your Grandfather painted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That certainly is a treasure! I love it when the things from our ancestors bring us such joy! I love the reflection in the water. What a beautiful way to capture a simpler time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beautiful Janet , what a treasure to own and have hanging in your living room .

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely painting and nice that he made the frame too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happens :-) I had a post card from the Netherlands today.
    Holland from those who don't know :-)
    I never knew that ..... probably driven right passed your grandfather's place.
    Lots of love :-) X X X

    ReplyDelete