First: The winner of the book Threading the Needle by Marie Bostwick is number 14.
One of the things I enjoy about deciding to blog is the friends I've made. I have connected with quilters I would have never met. I received a belated birthday gift from one of those special friends. It was such a nice surprise.
Maria of Life on the Block is a very special lady and blogging friend. Isn't this mini wall hanging the sweetest thing. I love redwork. (Sometimes I think I like it, because I don't have to decide or change colors--just enjoy the embroidery process.) Red is one of my two favorite colors--purple is the other fav. I really like the border fabrics that Marie chose. It's a beautiful piece of work and I'm enjoying it so much!
And she also sent me goodies: I like Lynette Anderson's designs, but I've never been in a shop that carried them. This pattern is so nice--embroidery and sewing combination, but quilt related too. I'm definitely making this set. You couldn't have picked a nicer pattern to send me. She included 3 quilt labels for future projects too. A lovely note and card finished up my surprise. Thank you so much, Marie!! The gift of your friendship means a lot to me.
You can find Maria's blog on my blog list. I love her cute Wednesday flowers--so creative. Her projects are always bright and happy. She does a variety of things. It's fun to know that our seasons are opposite and so are our time zones. It's summer there/ winter here and morning here/evening there. No matter what our differences we share the love of the outdoors, family and fabric.
I've been working on my valentine swap project. I put the accessory bag in the mail last Friday. I can't wait to show you what I made. These little projects have jump-started by creativity. I'm ready to sew again!
FMQ IS COMING ALONG NICELY!I'll get the book in the mail this week. I hope you enjoy it, Linda.
THIS LOOKS LIKE A NEAT BOOK!
THANKS FOR SHARING!
One of the things I enjoy about deciding to blog is the friends I've made. I have connected with quilters I would have never met. I received a belated birthday gift from one of those special friends. It was such a nice surprise.
She even wrapped it!! So pretty............
Maria of Life on the Block is a very special lady and blogging friend. Isn't this mini wall hanging the sweetest thing. I love redwork. (Sometimes I think I like it, because I don't have to decide or change colors--just enjoy the embroidery process.) Red is one of my two favorite colors--purple is the other fav. I really like the border fabrics that Marie chose. It's a beautiful piece of work and I'm enjoying it so much!
And she also sent me goodies: I like Lynette Anderson's designs, but I've never been in a shop that carried them. This pattern is so nice--embroidery and sewing combination, but quilt related too. I'm definitely making this set. You couldn't have picked a nicer pattern to send me. She included 3 quilt labels for future projects too. A lovely note and card finished up my surprise. Thank you so much, Marie!! The gift of your friendship means a lot to me.
You can find Maria's blog on my blog list. I love her cute Wednesday flowers--so creative. Her projects are always bright and happy. She does a variety of things. It's fun to know that our seasons are opposite and so are our time zones. It's summer there/ winter here and morning here/evening there. No matter what our differences we share the love of the outdoors, family and fabric.
I've been working on my valentine swap project. I put the accessory bag in the mail last Friday. I can't wait to show you what I made. These little projects have jump-started by creativity. I'm ready to sew again!




I got the package you sent yesterday and I am in love with all of it! Especially the little needle book and the fabric you picked out. I promise that I have yours done, I just can't get to the post office. Our weather has been horrible!
ReplyDeleteHELLO EVERYONE! RECEIVED JANET'S EMAIL SAYING I WON THE BOOK! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! HAPPY QUILTING+READING ALL ♥LINDA
ReplyDeleteFUN! and a late happy birthday.
ReplyDeletethere is nothing nicer than making a someone happy. Pleased I could make you happy. :)
ReplyDeletethank you for your kind words. XX