I'm cheating............but I really did help finish this quilt. Our group got together and did the binding on our love quilt last week.
A lot of this fabric is still from our member who passed away two years ago today from cancer. Love you, Gloria. I believe the actual pattern for this was in an American Patchwork magazine. It lends itself to a scrappy quilt very well. The navy blue background of the stars is the cohesive part of the design. I missed the night that they tied it. It didn't take us long to get the binding on with two people on each side. Someone suggested we start binding all our quilts together. lol I really don't mind the binding part of quilting. It's a large, cuddly quilt. The last two quilts that we made were given to families who had house fires. We aren't wishing a house fire on anyone soon. I'm sure a special time will come for someone needing some extra love and a blanket.
This is about half of the wonderful women I call quilt friends. We have so much fun together. Last year we made 45 pillow cases for the local Healthcare Center. The pillow cases have been such a blessing to the residents there. They have asked us to make some more. We'll be working on those next time. There is something about homemade items that carry love from one to another.
A lot of this fabric is still from our member who passed away two years ago today from cancer. Love you, Gloria. I believe the actual pattern for this was in an American Patchwork magazine. It lends itself to a scrappy quilt very well. The navy blue background of the stars is the cohesive part of the design. I missed the night that they tied it. It didn't take us long to get the binding on with two people on each side. Someone suggested we start binding all our quilts together. lol I really don't mind the binding part of quilting. It's a large, cuddly quilt. The last two quilts that we made were given to families who had house fires. We aren't wishing a house fire on anyone soon. I'm sure a special time will come for someone needing some extra love and a blanket.
This is about half of the wonderful women I call quilt friends. We have so much fun together. Last year we made 45 pillow cases for the local Healthcare Center. The pillow cases have been such a blessing to the residents there. They have asked us to make some more. We'll be working on those next time. There is something about homemade items that carry love from one to another.


Janet, it is absolutely gorgeous! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today, giving me the opportunity to "meet" someone new!! I'm off on the adventure of scrolling through your archived posts while I sit quietly and nurse my migraine. I'm not good for doing much else today!! ~karen
ReplyDeleteSorry about the migraine. I've had those for over 20 years. I thought I would "outgrow" them--not. I'm so glad I found your blog too.
DeleteOh it is a beautiful quilt and such a lovely gesture. We are putting one together this weekend for a friend who lost her husband. Quilters are great.
ReplyDeleteThe quilt turned out beautifully. Looks like you have a fun group to be with. Quilting friends are the best! Nola
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely quilt. I'm sure whoever receives it will really appreciate it and the love that went into it.
ReplyDeleteGreat pattern. We have twin grandchildren due in July and this would be great baby blankets for the occasion, in a smaller size of course, don't you think?!
ReplyDeleteI love to make quilts to give to folk who REALLY need them. Great quilt your group have made together.
ReplyDeleteMay use this pattern to make some quilt tops for AHQs.
http://aussieheroquilts.blogspot.com.au/
What a beautiful quilt and a beautiful thoughts from your troop to give it to someone who really needs some loving at such a time as a house fire.
DeleteWe have just heard of two thatched cottages that were totally destroyed on the moor. The whole village has helped out as at least one of the families had no insurance what so ever.
As I said, beautiful quilt and such beautiful people who care about others enough to make them smile again..... :-) X X X
What a lovely quilt! I'm sure whoever gets it will find it very comforting to have. Do you ever tie your own quilts? My Grandma used to tie many of hers, and the tied ones have just not held up as well over the years. It has made me decide to only quilt my quilts, and the more quilting the better!
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Susan in Texas
What a great quilt! I think that's the "Saddle Tramp" pattern, isn't it? I thought I might make it one day. I hope I kept that issue. :) Y'alls version is gorgeous! I know it will be a treasure and a blessing to the recipient.
ReplyDeletewhow this quilt is amazing Janet.xx
ReplyDeleteThe quilt look very nice well done to all of you.
ReplyDeleteLove the quilt! A good way to use up scraps I need to do that:) I need to get back to my blog and do some posting. Love your feeding the birds big and small picture. Julie
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome quilt...just love it!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the initial pincushion, needlecase. scissors and fqs and candy . Very nice have a happy V-day.
ReplyDelete