Tuesday, November 9, 2010

John Wayne Arrived

The biggest news in the family--the baby has arrived.  John Wayne was born yesterday weighing 6 lbs 15 ounces and measuring 20 inches long.   Here he is with his proud parents Kelly and Clint (DH's nephew, who was born on his birthday).   Interestingly enough it was my sister's birthday yesterday, so it will be easy to remember this little guy's birthday.  The baby is named after his two great grandfathers.  Every one is doing great.


Here are the proud gramps and granny, DH's youngest sister.  What a wonderful day for them all.

Now to get Down on the Farm completed!! 


I added some clouds to the sky.


A few crows in the sky above the scarecrow.



I did some loop de loops in the sashing borders. 


And a lovely scroll stitch in the yellow border.  (Bernina #146  -- 3.0 length)   I still have the outer border to quilt and then I can do the binding and label.  I plan to do that today if there are not schedule changes.

Michelle and I drove to Minneapolis, MN for a wedding (6 hour drive).   We left on Friday and returned on Sunday.  The wedding was for a very good friend and high school class mate of Michelle's.  They were married at the Basilica.  It was beautiful.






It was a wonderful day for November. 


Rachel was a beautiful bride.


A mother/daughter picture at the reception.   It would have been nice to include Rachel and her Mom, but there were just too many people and not enough time.  We had a wonderful time.  The best part of the trip for me was the 12 hours in the car with Michelle.  We got caught up on all kinds of visiting.  DH stayed home with Rocco and hauled hay to the feed yard.  I think they enjoyed that much more than the wedding trip.

I'm getting caught up from being gone and hope to get the quilt finished for the new baby.  I can't wait to start the next project or go back to one of the old ones. 

The weather continues to be gorgeous here.  It was 70 degrees yesterday--unreal for November in SD.   Today is suppose to be almost as nice and then the cold front is coming.  DH will finish hauling hay today.   We still have sunflowers to combine and calves to wean.  The days just seem to fly by.

Rocco is so enjoying his time outside with his friends in the sunshine.  Every nice day is a bonus for him and us.  Have a wonderful day where ever you live.  Hugs........


9 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time at the wedding. A new baby is great motivation to finish the quilt. The wind picked up today and it's getting colder here, so I'm guessing you'll get it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, John Wayne is beautiful! Congratulations to the proud mommy and daddy, and the grandparents, too! The 'Down on the Farm' quilt is coming along nicely and will be soooo cute when you're all finished. Great job on the quilting! And...that wedding looked spectacular. Michelle's friend Rachel did indeed make a beautiful bride, but Michelle is a very lovely girl, herself! Glad you had some quality mother/daughter time!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What treasured times for you!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, weddings and babies. What could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a new little one! Now you are acquainted with the little doll that will have your sweet little quilt. Sounds like a great weekend for you and your daughter. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the new family baby. Big smiles all around.
    Your quilting on the farm quilt looks great. I'll remember that Bernina stitch--I like the look of it.
    Catch-up conversation time with a daughter is always special. You've had a good week!
    I enjoyed all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Janet,

    Lots of lovely celebrations going on in your part of the world. Your quilt will be just stunning when completed.Love the quilting you have done on it.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiness is all over the place for you and your family!! I love the farm quilt you are working on and the quilting is a great addition to the already wonderful blocks you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful time for you all. It was wonderful sharing in your happiness!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete