The week of Thanksgiving was a busy week. I like the Thanksgiving holiday. Although I spend some time every day being thankful for the many blessings God has given me, Thanksgiving is a special time to stop and remember the last year and the wonderful things He has done. We have had BIG family dinners in past years, but this year there were 6 of us. Michelle was home all day Wednesday and had to work 2-10 on Thursday. We ate at 11:00, so she could be home for Thanksgiving dinner. BIL Ron, nephew John and his girl friend, Dena shared the festivities with us. Of course we had plenty of food, football and a nap. It's hard to have Jennifer so far away on a holiday. We talked to her by phone. She spent the day with her cats watching movies. She was totally booked Friday and Saturday, so it was good she had a lazy day to rest up.
On Friday Michelle came home after working 6-2 and we went to Faulkton to meet the newest member of the family - John Wayne. He is a wonderful little bundle of love. We had fun passing him around and snuggling. It was nice to catch up with two of DH's sisters and all their activities too. Everyone was very appreciative of the baby quilt and I committed to life time mending if needed.
Ron and John are the family deer hunters. They came a few days and stayed with us. DH thinks they come for the food. lol I always spoil them with homemade buns, fried chicken, raisin bars (John's favorite) and other home cooking. They didn't shoot any deer yet. They are usually looking for the "big buck".
I took this picture from our deck a few days before the season opened.
He stopped to look back at me too. We often times have 4 or 5 deer walk through the yard in the evenings.
They stop by the grain bins for a treat of corn or oats that has spilled from the trucks. They also like to munch on my garden at times.
I haven't done much sewing. I had to put everything away, so Ron could find a bed to sleep in. I did make this pillow case for great niece, Mya. She loves Dora and will be pleased with it.
I'm being rather lazy today--reading a book and perhaps a nap later. : ) I hope you are enjoying your Sunday afternoon.




I am not sure which is "sweeter"--the babe in your arms or the 3 snowmen across your sweat shirt??????
ReplyDeleteHugs, Di and Gracie
Ahhh, he is a cutey. He looks so tiny under his quilt. That is good because they grow so fast. Thanks for sharing with us.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable photo of the baby and the finished quilt. Glad you found some time to rest and relax over the holiday.
ReplyDeleteLovely picture of you and the baby under the quilt. I hope you enjoyed your "take-it-easy" day too.
ReplyDeleteOh Janet! You look so much like my big sister.
ReplyDeleteLove the phot of you and young Johm under his special quilt.
What a wonderful picture of you and the baby with the finished super adorable quilt! Relaxing sounds like a great way to have spent the weekend.
ReplyDelete